Where to get cables made?

A

Aftermaths

Hi all, our kubota kx 91-3 has snapped it's throttle cable and Im looking for recommendations for where to get a replacement? Also has anyone any guesses why it might have snapped? Not been rubbing on anything and moves freely
Thanks

diggerjones

diggerjones

Can you just push a new cable down the old outer. I've done it

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
length of appropriately sized piano wire's as good as anything, shoved down the outer ;)

V8Druid

V8Druid

Hi all, our kubota kx 91-3 has snapped it's throttle cable and Im looking for recommendations for where to get a replacement? Also has anyone any guesses why it might have snapped? Not been rubbing on anything and moves freely
Thanks
age probably

G

Gez_lewis

we used to get cables made for motor bikes when we where younger, venhill rings a bell but im not sure

V8Druid

V8Druid

we used to get cables made for motor bikes when we where younger, venhill rings a bell but im not sure
spot on ... local bike shop used to keep rolls of inner and outer in 3 sizes and nipples to suit ..... good ol' days :rolleyes:;):unsure:

A

Aftermaths

Thanks all, will have to find an old bike that can be adapted to the cause,
No stranger to bodging so it's right up my street

V8Druid

V8Druid

Thanks all, will have to find an old bike that can be adapted to the cause,
No stranger to bodging so it's right up my street
if your outer is good, a bit of piano wire is as good as anything .. or failing that some 1.2 or 1.6 stainless MIG wire, will keep you going for quite some time

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
On a kx91-3 the cable outer gets some damage over time where it goes through the bulkhead between the engine and cab.

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Just to update on my previous post.
I sent off my old cable last week, Wednesday iirc, received a quote on Thursday and have had the new cables arrive today.
Cant really fault that service imo, and they look good to me. I have no reason to think that the new cables are not of good quality and will not give years of service.
Im impressed with Cable Tec and highly recommend them to anyone who needs a control cable made to spec. And tbh I thought they were very good value too.
274669D3-5227-4EF3-94BA-D052C3EF6913.jpeg

Last edited: