wheeled excavators strengths defects limits how to maneuver correctly

barracane

barracane

hi guys, excuse me if I open this discussion, I was wondering, since they are not used in my part, could you tell me about wheeled excavators, merits, defects, potential, performance, how to maneuver correctly. I clarify I believe that compared to the crawler it is statically more unbalanced with a high center of gravity, I believe that in agriculture it is unacceptable to use it in the agricultural field and make it operate in such environmental conditions I believe that the crawler excavator is due to its conformation more suitable for agricultural forestry use for work in hill and mountain countryside. I repeat, where I come from wheeled excavators material handlers equipped with spider clamshells or hydraulic grapples are only used at scrap yards wheeled excavators not even in road construction sites to build aqueducts or to position pipelines, midi excavators with rubber tracks are widely used thanks greetings. ps which in your opinion is the best wheeled excavator, I assume Volvo. thank you.
1673193584649.png

1673193629365.png
1673193680923.png

1673193708683.png

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
hi guys, excuse me if I open this discussion, I was wondering, since they are not used in my part, could you tell me about wheeled excavators, merits, defects, potential, performance, how to maneuver correctly. I clarify I believe that compared to the crawler it is statically more unbalanced with a high center of gravity, I believe that in agriculture it is unacceptable to use it in the agricultural field and make it operate in such environmental conditions I believe that the crawler excavator is due to its conformation more suitable for agricultural forestry use for work in hill and mountain countryside. I repeat, where I come from wheeled excavators material handlers equipped with spider clamshells or hydraulic grapples are only used at scrap yards wheeled excavators not even in road construction sites to build aqueducts or to position pipelines, midi excavators with rubber tracks are widely used thanks greetings. ps which in your opinion is the best wheeled excavator, I assume Volvo. thank you.
View attachment 42959
View attachment 42960View attachment 42961

View attachment 42962
that last one is a really old pic.

V8Druid

V8Druid

. ps which in your opinion is the best wheeled excavator, I assume Volvo. thank you.
Liebherr/Atlas/Hydrema,
Ovlov,
Hitachi,
Doosan,
Komatsu,
Case,
Cat,
Mecalac,
Hidromec,
Wacker Neuson,
Takeuchi,
JCB

barracane

barracane

thanks for your intervention I think that on the farm and in the countryside as a wheeled backhoe with a rigid frame tractor type with large rear and small wheels forward is very suitable, I think it has more traction and stability than the wheeled excavator, am I wrong? thank you.
foto.png

backhoe is better in the farm job country??
1673247909260.png
1673247909260.png

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Liebherr/Atlas/Hydrema,
Ovlov,
Hitachi,
Doosan,
Komatsu,
Case,
Cat,
Mecalac,
Hidromec,
Wacker Neuson,
Takeuchi,
JCB
I’ve driven all the above apart from ovlov, macalac and hideomec
Hitachi ex100wd in its time a game changer , it would still be better than a lot of wheeled machines built new today .

S

Smiffy

That looks like a really well thought out machine and will probably compete really well but it’s based on a smaller machine where as the ex100wd was based on a bigger machine . It had the lowest centre of gravity I’d ever seen on a duck , it was fast powerful and reliable . This was my one . It was a 1991 that was it working on the M25 View attachment 56471View attachment 56472

I haven't seen an ex100 but hitachis 85's that the new duck is based on are big machines by comparison to others in the same weight class. I think it's reduced tailswing might make it look deceptively small. Obviously the full tailswing would win but would be interesting to see it in person. I would like to have a go in the tracked version. As the outgoing 85's cab is appalling

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

I haven't seen an ex100 but hitachis 85's that the new duck is based on are big machines by comparison to others in the same weight class. I think it's reduced tailswing might make it look deceptively small. Obviously the full tailswing would win but would be interesting to see it in person. I would like to have a go in the tracked version. As the outgoing 85's cab is appalling
I think the class they are in is the main difference .
That’s a zero swing king post machine , a derivative from king post machines that have come from 3 tonne minis to the current 10 tonne plus offerings .
The ex100wd was built like a conventional side boom machine . It was in the 12- 13 tonne class and took the same buckets . It was lightweight for a big duck which made it really nimble .

CPS

CPS

The ZX95w is a mecalac.

They have a new zx135w which could be pretty close to the ex100wd

hitachi_zx135w-7_Bild02.png

V8Druid

V8Druid

I like that .... 4 wheel steer, VA boom and a king post ... not much you couldn't get at with that little beast .... looks pretty stable too ... would love an hour or two in that :cool: :cool: