What MPG are your Vans Vans getting?

CPS

CPS

Hi All.
What sort of MPG are you getting? My Transit H2L3 is doing around 23??
Had a look at parker guide and they reckon 40mpg😲 so ether theres something wrong with mine or their on drugs!

L

Lynchy

Lol 55 plate astra 1.7 cdti,55mpg regardless as long below 85,mostly long trips 2/300 mile following on same as last 06 plate I had,pointless I know

B

Brendan

Hi All.
What sort of MPG are you getting? My Transit H2L3 is doing around 23??
Had a look at parker guide and they reckon 40mpg😲 so ether theres something wrong with mine or their on drugs!
Take the average combined figure and that's what you'll be lucky to see on a run empty.

Currently getting 18-20mpg towing and just over 26mpg on a run. 2016 euro 5 3.2 auto ranger wildtrack with a canopy on the rear, did see nearly 40mpg on holiday when had a roller shutter on it with 2 adults and 3 kids plus rear fill to the brim with holiday stuff

Mark

Mark

Used to get 36 ish mpg in my old Vauxhall vivaro that was it over loaded and given no mercy. By far the best van I’ve had so far on fuel new Merc sprinter I have is no where near as good.

GazCro

GazCro

Used to get 36 ish mpg in my old Vauxhall vivaro that was it over loaded and given no mercy. By far the best van I’ve had so far on fuel new Merc sprinter I have is no where near as good.
I would just like to check whether you're all going off what the dashboard comp says for economy or actually working it out by how much fuel you're putting in against the milage you're doing. My 3.0 hilux on a long run without trailer will do mid 30's but this is rare. Most mileage is short journeys on b roads with a fair bit of towing av mid 20's to 30. Dashboard always comes out about 5mpg higher.

Mark

Mark

I would just like to check whether you're all going off what the dashboard comp says for economy or actually working it out by how much fuel you're putting in against the milage you're doing. My 3.0 hilux on a long run without trailer will do mid 30's but this is rare. Most mileage is short journeys on b roads with a fair bit of towing av mid 20's to 30. Dashboard always comes out about 5mpg higher.
My vivaro didn’t have The dash board that would tell you that’s based on a 70L tank and getting between 550 to 600 miles out of a tank.

GazCro

GazCro

My vivaro didn’t have The dash board that would tell you that’s based on a 70L tank and getting between 550 to 600 miles out of a tank.
Fair enough just checking its amazing how many people I've disappointed when I've got them to work it out properly.

pettsy

pettsy

30ish average on a fairly heavily loaded T5.1 transporter. It’s mostly doing local stop start jobs so doesn’t help mpg.

edit:checked this morning!

Last edited:
R

Russell

My old transit Mk5 mwb hi top did 25-30 on b roads/ town.
3.2 shogun did 20-21.
Disco does 23-25.
Range rover does 10-13
It looks like the newer vans haven't got any better on fuel.

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

Transit Custom L2H1 crew cab I’m getting about 27mpg, that’s fully loaded, on a long run empty I’ll get near 35mpg if I keep it under 70. Pulling a trailer I get 19-20mpg. Like @GazCro said, the trip computer is overly optimistic.

Danny

Danny

Peugeot Partner with the bigger engine 92bhp :cool: full of junk most of the time 45mpg all day every day

Mark

Mark

Peugeot Partner with the bigger engine 92bhp :cool: full of junk most of the time 45mpg all day every day
That’s a great return Danny, what’s the pay load of a Peugeot partner?

Danny

Danny

That’s a great return Danny, what’s the pay load of a Peugeot partner?
850kg or x1 13t grader 😂
83EE4294-B314-4204-AFE5-48C85C5E143F.png

wee_gus

wee_gus

My crafter is returning 27mpg at the moment, 109hp and about 3.5 -3-8t usually and on a long motorway run with little hills at 65 upto 30mpg, usually average 380-450 miles a tank

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
And I bet it was slightly bent/twisted after it was removed :ROFLMAO:
probably enough capacity, weight-wise for a drum of cherry too :giggle: ... doubt that bucket much more than 600kgs :unsure: