What have i done ! New project tb 216R

Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Sounds fairly typical of a battery going down, have you tried a jump pack on it ?
Battery is reading 12.6v i had the dash out wobbling the wires that go into the back of it and it slid off and knocked on the side now the dash doesnt do anything so im presuming the fault was in there? I'm going to contact the people i bought all the parts off tomorrow see if there any warranty but I doubt it
 
B

bobthebuilder

Well-known member
Battery is reading 12.6v i had the dash out wobbling the wires that go into the back of it and it slid off and knocked on the side now the dash doesnt do anything so im presuming the fault was in there? I'm going to contact the people i bought all the parts off tomorrow see if there any warranty but I doubt it
Test the battery under load ,test whilst trying to start
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Somewhere in there is a big fuse, had those corroded, there is also a link on a security plug
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
The plot thickens put the battery on turned the key dash came on perfect for maybe 2 seconds then went off no sign of life at all

Battery reading in the photo below as soon as I turn the key the reading drops to 0.6v
 

Attachments

  • 20250922_170229.jpg
    20250922_170229.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 90
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
2nd picture no load just after the main fuse
 

Attachments

  • 20250922_170048.jpg
    20250922_170048.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 83
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
After all that it was the bloody spade terminal it had heat shrink over it but that was the only thing holding it together!! I hate electrics
 
Top