Wanted - Lorry

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Want either a 15t Skiploader, or a 15-18t Grab/Tipper. Theres a £10,000 budget for the right wagon, Either Merc, Daf, Man Or Volvo.

Not fussed on age, but needs to be in good working order.

Skiploader preferably with Webb gear, but must be extending arms.

If we go for a grab, then the shorter the wheelbase the better.

If anyone spots something worthwhile or knows of one I'd appreciate it. As said Age is'nt a issue.... but needs to be decent if I'm spending proper money.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Want either a 15t Skiploader, or a 15-18t Grab/Tipper. Theres a £10,000 budget for the right wagon, Either Merc, Daf, Man Or Volvo.

Not fussed on age, but needs to be in good working order.

Skiploader preferably with Webb gear, but must be extending arms.

If we go for a grab, then the shorter the wheelbase the better.

If anyone spots something worthwhile or knows of one I'd appreciate it. As said Age is'nt a issue.... but needs to be decent if I'm spending proper money.
pity you hadn't had the budget back then for that narrow wheel base/track one a few months ago on fleabay Boyo .. was perfect :(:((y)

S

Smiffy

Not a great time to be looking
I don't know about skip wagons but k ow there is a real lack of 18t and down grabs around
6 months ago there where 15 or so at a time on eBay now I think there one
There where over 100 grab lorry's of all shapes and sizes not even half that now

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
pity you hadn't had the budget back then for that narrow wheel base/track one a few months ago on fleabay Boyo .. was perfect :(:((y)

Was and It was'nt tbh, would of been great in some respects but tbh too soon....

The lorry has also done next to naff all this year, now it's gone ballistic. I was toying with chopping it for a 18t plant wagon but the money it's earned in the past month justifys it's renewal. Keep being asked to do wait and loads on main roads atm and the gear is getting to the point where I am asking alot of it as we only do heavy skips.....

S

Smiffy

Although there is this that looks very tidy if you could find a tipper body for it

And this but doesn't look to be piped for grab

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾

Already on the Daf, trouble is at 12k it's on the edge of the budget before the grands worth of bringing her home.... and if it's not piped for grab then unfortunatly it's no good :( sent a message see what comes back.

Wicked crane on it though, If it's R/C and has grab pipes it could be the one.

Stubota86

Stubota86

have you seen this one? Bit more than you want to spend though

This one been on a while, bit rough but cheap enough;

these are close to me, happy to go check them out for you;

Big Jordy

Big Jordy

Rory I know it’s from over our side of the sea but most of this guys stuff comes outa England.. CORMAC LEONARD google it he has a few skip wagons in at the min..

Jordy

Mark

Mark

Was and It was'nt tbh, would of been great in some respects but tbh too soon....

The lorry has also done next to naff all this year, now it's gone ballistic. I was toying with chopping it for a 18t plant wagon but the money it's earned in the past month justifys it's renewal. Keep being asked to do wait and loads on main roads atm and the gear is getting to the point where I am asking alot of it as we only do heavy skips.....

would a hook loader be any good to you, would be best of both worlds could be a flat bed for moving your machines about or supply’s then a tipper for muck away jobs.

S

Smiffy

would a hook loader be any good to you, would be best of both worlds could be a flat bed for moving your machines about or supply’s then a tipper for muck away jobs.

Trouble is 18t hook loader is heavy and long and bins are expensive as quite rare
Tbf grab lorry's are really versatile lorry's they are about as versatile as you can get
Especially with the heavy lift cranes on
As long as you can put up with them being a bit slow
Can fold the crane up behind the cab so can put machines in the back
Can get a whole jobs worth of materials on

G

Gez_lewis

if your not in a rush things fall onto you some how, id been looking for a bulker trailer for a few months without luck, had a problem with a flat trailer on a thurs night.
looked online and found a bulker trailer and a unit as a pair for less than I wanted to pay that I bought on the Friday. skip loader is the next want I think after a new weigh bridge better loadall bigger scrap handler- its never ending!!

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
if your not in a rush things fall onto you some how, id been looking for a bulker trailer for a few months without luck, had a problem with a flat trailer on a thurs night.
looked online and found a bulker trailer and a unit as a pair for less than I wanted to pay that I bought on the Friday. skip loader is the next want I think after a new weigh bridge better loadall bigger scrap handler- its never ending!!
Do you run a scrap yard?

S

Smiffy

Don't know if Ur still looking but thought this was about right

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Don't know if Ur still looking but thought this was about right

It is the one :love: Rang the man earlier in the week before it went up.

Just toying with it atm... as it's only 180hp which is depressing tho.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Depends how many gears it is
I sometimes drive an 18t that can't have much more than about 200hp left and it goes fine
I think older lorry's had bigger horses than modern ones

Only 6 speed ;) and the 180 horses in that are the same gutless mares as in mine.... but i've 220 of them

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Only 6 speed ;) and the 180 horses in that are the same gutless mares as in mine.... but i've 220 of them
You could investigate getting it remapped. Depending on the engine there can be quite dramatic increases in power.