Wanted - Lorry

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
You could investigate getting it remapped. Depending on the engine there can be quite dramatic increases in power.

Be Naff all increase sadly :cautious: Same engine as my 220 but lacking intercooler I think.... and uprating it means it needs more oil jets or some nonsense.

If I had the money i'd buy it and stick a 280 engine in. But 14k is up the top end of the bank to begin with.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
To round life up.... Brought this today to enjoy. Foden 250, 17t payload supposedly if I re Plate it back to 26t. Tidy little truck for my hobbies really and as a backup if needed. Going to refurbish my Volvo later in the year.
1610739829872.png

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I think I saw that advertised recently. Was it eBay or Facebook? Looked a tidy truck if it was the same one. Lift axle on the back!

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
I think I saw that advertised recently. Was it eBay or Facebook? Looked a tidy truck if it was the same one. Lift axle on the back!

Yes went up lastnight on faccy. Midlift axle. MOT till september. Was a gas bottle truck originally and has done naff all as a plant wagon so is in fine fettle.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Yes went up lastnight on faccy. Midlift axle. MOT till september. Was a gas bottle truck originally and has done naff all as a plant wagon so is in fine fettle.
Wasn’t over priced if you got it!! Was it close to you?

M

Monkeybusiness

To round life up.... Brought this today to enjoy. Foden 250, 17t payload supposedly if I re Plate it back to 26t. Tidy little truck for my hobbies really and as a backup if needed. Going to refurbish my Volvo later in the year.
View attachment 21035
What sort of money for a wagon like that? I fancy being a trucker one day (I hear about the fun you guys have in lay-bys with prostitutes, spades and reach-arounds).

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
Some earlier pics inc from dealer who sold it in 2017...

That confirms the story I was told. Gas wagon till 2017, then parked up for a good 12 months, plant body fitted and not used much since 🥰 Doesn't look like she wanted much in life.

Wasn’t over priced if you got it!! Was it close to you?
About half price of a similar wagon on ebay... I've done alright, If I wanted to sell it I'd probably chuck it up at 8k as it is a peach.

Does this mean the Isuzu is for sale...
🤣
I’m sure I’m in the front of this queue?!

One day.......

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
had the bottle pallet spikes cut off and a bed dropped on it .... std gas bottle tail lift that ...
were crap compared to the old single line hoist .. much quicker and easier .... one off, one on ..... and no faffing trying to secure a load of bottles to each side of the tail lift for off / on ...

when they changed over to them instead of the hoist, I'd only take 'em off the truck in bottle pallets ... full load of 8/15 or just a couple in a pallet ... the tail lifts were positively dangerous, even on my concrete yard :mad:

Furniss

Furniss

Thats one thing I miss about the U.K ... cheap trucks !