Vw Touareg for towing.. thoughts?

R

Russell

What does the toureg tow? My brother pointed out the old BMW X5 V8 can be had for peanuts.

R

Russell

This is my setup. I put a bulkhead in the back to keep all the dust and crap out of the rest of the car.
IMG_20190609_165222.jpg
IMG_20190609_165235.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
It's a Brian james cargo tilt, well built trailer.
aye ;) ..... they make a real nice trailer Aiden (y):cool: .... pretty penny's-worth there I'll wager :oops:

hiluxman

hiluxman

aye ;) ..... they make a real nice trailer Aiden (y):cool: .... pretty penny's-worth there I'll wager :oops:
When i bought the last plant trailer brian james were the cheapest not by lots but enough to make a difference and a good trailer too

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

What is the unladen weight of the trailer and the weight of the machine?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
When i bought the last plant trailer brian james were the cheapest not by lots but enough to make a difference and a good trailer too
yes I've used a couple of Brian James car transporter trailers over the years and are very well made ... tow like a dream and easy to manoeuvre off the vehicle (empty-of course) ;) ..... not seen his Ifor beater before :giggle: what length is that one Aiden ( @CPS )

CPS

CPS

Not the cheapest out there but its well built and light which is what i wanted.. its an ex demo so got a deal to.

I was thinking of one of there plant trailers which drew me to them, the flat bed suits me better now as it has more room for attachments with the loaders. That said id buy a nice Brian james plant trailer too if one came up:)

CPS

CPS

What is the unladen weight of the trailer and the weight of the machine?
The machine is about 1.2 ton, the trailer carriers about 2.7 ton i think ... which means i can move the biggest loader no problem

M

Monkeybusiness

I bought one of their 3.5 tonne Diggerplant trailers and have been really disappointed with it tbh. It’s cracked through the sides a number of times, even though it only carries 2 tonne tracked chippers. The jockey wheel clamp is crap too.
The 2.7 tonne Ifor GH trailers are stronger IME, but need the 3.5 tonne double leaf springs.

R

Russell

How is the touareg working out? My shogun has died and if I can't fix it I'm looking at getting one of these.