VTN MD150 / THUMM 615 hydraulic motor

O

oldchips

Just repaired my Kinshofer rotator, but only 4 tonne, yours must be far more than that. The rotation uses one of those hydraulic motors with two lobed discs, one with one less lobe, so you get unrestricted rotation.

If it is any help I have the Kinshofer manual, it also cost me £140 for 7 O rings!

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

Fascinating,;) well above my pay grade but very very interesting. I've never had a decent opportunity to spend time alongside anyone with the knowledge in order to start to understand the niceties of the insides of hydraulic moving parts, be it pumps or motors :cool:

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I'm not sure, but I would guess most manufactures buy the rotator bit off the shelf. You may want to try Andy Hair (0113 276 2300) of Northern Track to see if they have bits to fit. He has always been very helpful to me and their stuff is a good price. No idea what a new one would cost, but I'm sure he would quote you.
Graham

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
so what happened then Gus ?? how'd it pan out ? :unsure:

wee_gus

wee_gus

Grab has been scrapped,
Not worth the repair as £6k for a new motor

V8Druid

V8Druid

Grab has been scrapped,
:eek::(:cry: go alright under a tilty, with the rotater off it ...... Rob Taylor did exactly that with his selector ;)

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

Grab has been scrapped,

Crying shame if it literally has been binned. As Druid says, I took top off mine ( not a VTN ) and bolted a S60 headstock to it.
Looking at pictures I cannot imagine it too hard a job to have done the same and made a few quid on the job ;)

V8Druid

V8Druid

Crying shame if it literally has been binned. As Druid says, I took top off mine ( not a VTN ) and bolted a S60 headstock to it.
Looking at pictures I cannot imagine it too hard a job to have done the same and made a few quid on the job ;)
that's two of us crying in our coffee then Rob :cry::cry: .... looks to have been POP to convert :cry:

wee_gus

wee_gus

Yea could of easily been done! Not my call unfortunately.

wee_gus

wee_gus

V8Druid

V8Druid

sad though to see a perfectly good grab scrapped, for the want of a bit of lateral thinking :rolleyes: