Vote for the Big Man, TOM WHITLING

Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
We also have some more info on what the competition might feature...

You can watch the operators put through their paces in several tasks designed to test their skill and dexterity on a range of excavators performing measured exercises such as:

  • A time challenge Loading an ADT
  • A Skill Touch challenge
  • A Technical Test demonstrating machine control systems.
  • An Attachment challenge that shows the flexibility of the machine and ability of the operator

and the judges have been announced...

The event will be judged independently by four respected and well-regarded judges:
Philip Hayden: Contracts Director O’Brien Plant Hire
Chris Bushell: CITB Curriculum Manager.
Chris Blake: CITB Program Manager.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
We also have some more info on what the competition might feature...

You can watch the operators put through their paces in several tasks designed to test their skill and dexterity on a range of excavators performing measured exercises such as:

  • A time challenge Loading an ADT
  • A Skill Touch challenge
  • A Technical Test demonstrating machine control systems.
  • An Attachment challenge that shows the flexibility of the machine and ability of the operator

and the judges have been announced...

The event will be judged independently by four respected and well-regarded judges:
Philip Hayden: Contracts Director O’Brien Plant Hire
Chris Bushell: CITB Curriculum Manager.
Chris Blake: CITB Program Manager.

Hang on a Moment, is this the CITB that have absolutely piss all to do with Plant Competency training anymore?
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
Yes, I believe this could be a good opportunity to take them to task on this. At the same time I also need to make sure we are exempt from their levy, dont want to be walking into that trap!
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
Yes, I believe this could be a good opportunity to take them to task on this. At the same time I also need to make sure we are exempt from their levy, dont want to be walking into that trap!

I'm exempt from many levels.... Agricultural contractor.
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
Hang on a Moment, is this the CITB that have absolutely piss all to do with Plant Competency training anymore?
No, they did a U-turn last year and are continuing with plant and scaffolding training. Realised at the last minute that there’s going to be a big demand for training now the ex-patriate community have returned home.
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
You lads know the Craic..... He's one of our own and needs to be at the top!


Thanks Rory though having had a email saying I'm through already I was supprised I even appeared for voting

We also have some more info on what the competition might feature...

You can watch the operators put through their paces in several tasks designed to test their skill and dexterity on a range of excavators performing measured exercises such as:

  • A time challenge Loading an ADT
  • A Skill Touch challenge
  • A Technical Test demonstrating machine control systems.
  • An Attachment challenge that shows the flexibility of the machine and ability of the operator

and the judges have been announced...

The event will be judged independently by four respected and well-regarded judges:
Philip Hayden: Contracts Director O’Brien Plant Hire
Chris Bushell: CITB Curriculum Manager.
Chris Blake: CITB Program Manager.

That's me doomed then I've never put a bucket in a adt
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Hey I've only done 1day with machine guidance in the cab and we weren't really using it so you definatly have a advantage there
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
Me neither. I haven't driven anything bigger than 8t for 5 years! Cant be that hard, I'm hoping @JD450A can give me some tips!

Close your eyes boys and hope for the best.

R.e loading a ADT, sit on a bench with top of tracks about level with top of skip, ADT as close as possible. Load Front to back ideally.

Of course with it being judged by the CITB be sure to put the smallest load possible in the back and you'll be loading from the ground in the most backwards way possible.
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Woah your thinking like they will be judging real skill setting yourself up working in a way that makes the next job quicker I bet the machine is already sat there you chuck your load in and they tip it out for the next person
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
This is also my thinking. How do you judge a load? Do we have to get it all off the floor? Do you have to bang the bucket against the ram stop every time or every 3rd bucket?
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
This is also my thinking. How do you judge a load? Do we have to get it all off the floor? Do you have to bang the bucket against the ram stop every time or every 3rd bucket?
I assume the ground will be quite nice round there if you ram a bucket full of the sticky clay we have round here you'll spend half the time digging it out
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
This is also my thinking. How do you judge a load? Do we have to get it all off the floor? Do you have to bang the bucket against the ram stop every time or every 3rd bucket?

None of the above! From what I've seen of professional driver's you will be judged on.

Who can through there toys furthest out the pram.

Most unique reason why you can't do a days work.

Best cab detailing technique.

Operators don't dig holes any more
That's what the Romanian with a shovel is for
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
We also have some more info on what the competition might feature...

You can watch the operators put through their paces in several tasks designed to test their skill and dexterity on a range of excavators performing measured exercises such as:

  • A time challenge Loading an ADT
  • A Skill Touch challenge
  • A Technical Test demonstrating machine control systems.
  • An Attachment challenge that shows the flexibility of the machine and ability of the operator

and the judges have been announced...

The event will be judged independently by four respected and well-regarded judges:
Philip Hayden: Contracts Director O’Brien Plant Hire
Chris Bushell: CITB Curriculum Manager.
Chris Blake: CITB Program Manager.
Is there a hook a duck type thing, I`m sure I`ve seen a picture of it some where associated with the competition?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Is there a hook a duck type thing, I`m sure I`ve seen a picture of it some where associated with the competition?
gonna need a ferkin big digger to hook the sort of duck i'm used to :ROFLMAO:
 
Top