JD450A
Moderattor🐾
You lads know the Craic..... He's one of our own and needs to be at the top!
ukplantoperators.com
We also have some more info on what the competition might feature...
You can watch the operators put through their paces in several tasks designed to test their skill and dexterity on a range of excavators performing measured exercises such as:
- A time challenge Loading an ADT
- A Skill Touch challenge
- A Technical Test demonstrating machine control systems.
- An Attachment challenge that shows the flexibility of the machine and ability of the operator
and the judges have been announced...
The event will be judged independently by four respected and well-regarded judges:
Philip Hayden: Contracts Director O’Brien Plant Hire
Chris Bushell: CITB Curriculum Manager.
Chris Blake: CITB Program Manager.
Yes, I believe this could be a good opportunity to take them to task on this. At the same time I also need to make sure we are exempt from their levy, dont want to be walking into that trap!
No, they did a U-turn last year and are continuing with plant and scaffolding training. Realised at the last minute that there’s going to be a big demand for training now the ex-patriate community have returned home.Hang on a Moment, is this the CITB that have absolutely piss all to do with Plant Competency training anymore?
You lads know the Craic..... He's one of our own and needs to be at the top!
![]()
Tom Whiting - UK Plant Operators
ukplantoperators.com
We also have some more info on what the competition might feature...
You can watch the operators put through their paces in several tasks designed to test their skill and dexterity on a range of excavators performing measured exercises such as:
- A time challenge Loading an ADT
- A Skill Touch challenge
- A Technical Test demonstrating machine control systems.
- An Attachment challenge that shows the flexibility of the machine and ability of the operator
and the judges have been announced...
The event will be judged independently by four respected and well-regarded judges:
Philip Hayden: Contracts Director O’Brien Plant Hire
Chris Bushell: CITB Curriculum Manager.
Chris Blake: CITB Program Manager.
Me neither. I haven't driven anything bigger than 8t for 5 years! Cant be that hard, I'm hoping @JD450A can give me some tips!That's me doomed then I've never put a bucket in a adt
Don’t hit the cab and fill it until it’s rolling off the sides…..Me neither. I haven't driven anything bigger than 8t for 5 years! Cant be that hard, I'm hoping @JD450A can give me some tips!
Me neither. I haven't driven anything bigger than 8t for 5 years! Cant be that hard, I'm hoping @JD450A can give me some tips!
I assume the ground will be quite nice round there if you ram a bucket full of the sticky clay we have round here you'll spend half the time digging it outThis is also my thinking. How do you judge a load? Do we have to get it all off the floor? Do you have to bang the bucket against the ram stop every time or every 3rd bucket?
This is also my thinking. How do you judge a load? Do we have to get it all off the floor? Do you have to bang the bucket against the ram stop every time or every 3rd bucket?
Is there a hook a duck type thing, I`m sure I`ve seen a picture of it some where associated with the competition?We also have some more info on what the competition might feature...
You can watch the operators put through their paces in several tasks designed to test their skill and dexterity on a range of excavators performing measured exercises such as:
- A time challenge Loading an ADT
- A Skill Touch challenge
- A Technical Test demonstrating machine control systems.
- An Attachment challenge that shows the flexibility of the machine and ability of the operator
and the judges have been announced...
The event will be judged independently by four respected and well-regarded judges:
Philip Hayden: Contracts Director O’Brien Plant Hire
Chris Bushell: CITB Curriculum Manager.
Chris Blake: CITB Program Manager.
gonna need a ferkin big digger to hook the sort of duck i'm used toIs there a hook a duck type thing, I`m sure I`ve seen a picture of it some where associated with the competition?