Tyre sealant

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Monkey watched today as finally managed to get the tyre out now the flood has receded!!

The 2 rims are bolted together with 2 small bolts. Disconnect the valve extensions and unbolt. The “rubber ring” was loose between the rims. Cleaned the surfaces up and after the little prick was fixed (the hole in the tyre) assemble is reverse of the above!!
Still took best part of an hour 15mins even though the machine was up on blade and legs ready to go. The wheels are bloody heavy when single let alone when bolted together!!

Tyre sealant would have probably saved the day. But it was really just a small pin prick. Fitter said if the tyres had more rubber it would not have penetrated. Anyone heard that before??🤣🤣🤣🤣

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Monkey watched today as finally managed to get the tyre out now the flood has receded!!

The 2 rims are bolted together with 2 small bolts. Disconnect the valve extensions and unbolt. The “rubber ring” was loose between the rims. Cleaned the surfaces up and after the little prick was fixed (the hole in the tyre) assemble is reverse of the above!!
Still took best part of an hour 15mins even though the machine was up on blade and legs ready to go. The wheels are bloody heavy when single let alone when bolted together!!

Tyre sealant would have probably saved the day. But it was really just a small pin prick. Fitter said if the tyres had more rubber it would not have penetrated. Anyone heard that before??🤣🤣🤣🤣
did the two small bolts hold the assembly together sufficiently enough to remount it all with both tyres inflated Shaun? ...... and yeh 10.00-20s are 'kin heavy .. one's bad enough ... in fact one rim is bad enough .... add the black rubber thing and they'm a hell of a weight ... you use your gripper to handle the assembly ... will be doing mine with the Cranab, when i eventually get around to re-shoe-ing her with those lovely new Kumhos :giggle::giggle:

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

did the two small bolts hold the assembly together sufficiently enough to remount it all with both tyres inflated Shaun? ...... and yeh 10.00-20s are 'kin heavy .. one's bad enough ... in fact one rim is bad enough .... add the black rubber thing and they'm a hell of a weight ... you use your gripper to handle the assembly ... will be doing mine with the Cranab, when i eventually get around to re-shoe-ing her with those lovely new Kumhos :giggle::giggle:
The bolts held it all together nicely!! What would have been handy would have been a set of forks. In fairness we was sat in a reasonably clean concrete surface so a little block to get the wheel up and on was enough with a tweak of the lever.
Monkey saw and learnt!!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The bolts held it all together nicely!! What would have been handy would have been a set of forks. In fairness we was sat in a reasonably clean concrete surface so a little block to get the wheel up and on was enough with a tweak of the lever.
Monkey saw and learnt!!!
a pair of bars is usually sufficient to mount 10.00s onto a hub and as a pair will stand fairly easily ... tyre mounting trolley is the way on a good floor, but an extravagance for the odd use ..... pair of bars has always done me and are always available on the side of the road for a puncy change
1609837010082.png

1609837033831.png

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
a pair of bars is usually sufficient to mount 10.00s onto a hub and as a pair will stand fairly easily ... tyre mounting trolley is the way on a good floor, but an extravagance for the odd use ..... pair of bars has always done me and are always available on the side of the road for a puncy change
View attachment 20782
View attachment 20783
A pallet pump truck is your friend here👍👍

T whiting

T whiting

My brother has one of those tyre trolleys it's a good bit of kit for the big tyres on the back of his traccy but on the duck the secret is to get the duck at just the right hight I know I can't lift the singles I have on but if the ducks at the right hight you can get it on the gun with the tyre on the floor and wiggle it on untill you can get a nut on

S

Smiffy

Does a shovel not work on duck tyres
I find it easy enough to do hgv tyres with one
Think I've even done front tractor tyres with them