Tyre sealant

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Suffered a puncture in the Hydrema yesterday. Been a long time since I have had one of those. I have previously used Air Seal Products tyre sealant inh my dumpers and Telehandler.

What is out there now that anyone else has experience with.

T whiting

T whiting

What tyres do you have on the duck I've stuck a couple of strings in the floations on mine when I've had a nail in them but you need to have tubeless tyres for them or tyre sealant to work if there tubed it's a take the tyre off the rim and put a patch on it job

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

What tyres do you have on the duck I've stuck a couple of strings in the floations on mine when I've had a nail in them but you need to have tubeless tyres for them or tyre sealant to work if there tubed it's a take the tyre off the rim and put a patch on it job
Running twin wheels which from comments on Facebook will be tubes. Just checked with Airseal and they state 95% effective in tubeless and 75% in tubes.

T whiting

T whiting

Yes I have tubes with gunk on my push bike and I've only had one puncture that it didn't seal (a screw that lifted a flap of rubber) but they do go flat very slowly but I think we're talking about bigger punctures than a few thorns 😲😲

T whiting

T whiting

Btw it's fairly easy to tell from the valve stems if there tubeless or not if the valve is thin and looks like it would go through the hole it'll be a tube of it's fat and covers the hole it'll be tubeless

doobin

doobin

I use OKO road grade in all my vehicles and trailers. Haven't had any punctures in three years but could also just be luck.

They do offroad grade too, but I just use road in everything as I buy it in a 25 litre drum.

R

Russell

I need something for the new disco because I think it's got a slow flat. I've used slime in the push bike tubes with great success but not used in anything else.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I need something for the new disco because I think it's got a slow flat. I've used slime in the push bike tubes with great success but not used in anything else.
Don’t put any slime in the car. Makes it impossible to get the wheels balanced. It is bearable it trucks as they have slower speed and a bit more weight so it is not so noticeable

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Btw it's fairly easy to tell from the valve stems if there tubeless or not if the valve is thin and looks like it would go through the hole it'll be a tube of it's fat and covers the hole it'll be tubeless
Had forgotten the valves are different!!! 🙈

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
get it off and fix it Shaun :p ..... will be a PITFA forever otherwise:mad: .... you got jacks, a gripper to handle the wheel and split the bead, or a bucket/forks if that fails ....
10.00-20s ain't fun ... 'specially 16 ply hard walls .... but neither is a flat whenever you want to use it or at some other inopportune moment ..... have fun :oops:

V8Druid

V8Druid

I use OKO road grade in all my vehicles and trailers. Haven't had any punctures in three years but could also just be luck.

They do offroad grade too, but I just use road in everything as I buy it in a 25 litre drum.
really tempting fate here .... but cannot recall the last puncture I had in a vehicle ... Iveco 7.5 about 12 years ago, as far as I can recall

GazCro

GazCro

Imho as far as off highway tyres goes tubeless is the way to go and forget sealants carry string repair with you and i can do a temp repair myself. Anything you can't codge with string sealant be no use anyhow. Having said that local tyre place is only 20 mins away and one fitter goes past my place day and night

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

get it off and fix it Shaun :p ..... will be a PITFA forever otherwise:mad: .... you got jacks, a gripper to handle the wheel and split the bead, or a bucket/forks if that fails ....
10.00-20s ain't fun ... 'specially 16 ply hard walls .... but neither is a flat whenever you want to use it or at some other inopportune moment ..... have fun :oops:
Tyre fitter couldn’t get through the flood yesterday so it is up in the air and will stay there until Tuesday. The gunk is to try to stop it next time. Will be off and repaired properly by someone with more experience than me. But as always.......monkey watch so next time monkey can do!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

GazCro

GazCro

Tyre fitter couldn’t get through the flood yesterday so it is up in the air and will stay there until Tuesday. The gunk is to try to stop it next time. Will be off and repaired properly by someone with more experience than me. But as always.......monkey watch so next time monkey can do!!🤣🤣🤣🤣
The other thing with sealant is it can make a right mess everywhere and actually make a proper repair more difficult.

GazCro

GazCro

I find the biggest problem is cheap crush with lumps of rebar still floating around
Screws and nails are repairable
A six inch twisted length of rebar makes a proper mess
Only use my own crush and usually top it with type 1 if it's getting ran on. But I've seen some crush elsewhere and thought I'm glad that's not on my site.

T whiting

T whiting

Yes we end up using crappy crush the last job bits of rebar were still showing up months later as long as it's a clean hole the strings will get it

V8Druid

V8Druid

Imho as far as off highway tyres goes tubeless is the way to go and forget sealants carry string repair with you and i can do a temp repair myself. Anything you can't codge with string sealant be no use anyhow. Having said that local tyre place is only 20 mins away and one fitter goes past my place day and night
not so easy with a duck though .... limited tyre choice and new set of rims required ... and if you're gonna do that, you go to Bandenmarkts .. end of
1608849012828.png

V8Druid

V8Druid

main thing is getting the rings back right .... clean helps a lot .... and apparently it's easier to get the dough nut back in the middle if you don't inflate the tyre much .... but can't then see the rings properly ..... inflate in cage (or with forks on top of wheel, flat on the floor) .... to set rings ... deflate to almost nowt .... mount on hub fully and then re-inflate (y)