tree shears 10% off

Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
There grabs are shockingly bad!!
Just looking at one of there timber grabs seems a bit to cheap to be true do you mind explaining why there so bad
 

Attachments

  • E2EDCDF6-0324-422E-920E-C04B88BF6137.jpeg
    E2EDCDF6-0324-422E-920E-C04B88BF6137.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 196
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Their buckets are s**t too, misaligned bosses and way to heavy for the machines specified. Blokes a lying **** also, took something like two months of excuses to get what I paid for and even then it wasn't right.

#bucketwarehouse
 
wee_gus

wee_gus

Well-known member
Just looking at one of there timber grabs seems a bit to cheap to be true do you mind explaining why there so bad
Yea, customer bought a brand new grab for hi brand new 8t machine, the grab lasted a whole 3 days of work, rotator collapsed and grab was severely cracked! Hard life couldn’t give a flying s**t! Zero back up or support, I’ve since sold him a HAMMER grab and been perfect for 2 years now
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Yea, customer bought a brand new grab for hi brand new 8t machine, the grab lasted a whole 3 days of work, rotator collapsed and grab was severely cracked! Hard life couldn’t give a flying s**t! Zero back up or support, I’ve since sold him a HAMMER grab and been perfect for 2 years now
Thing is they are cheaper than others but not massively cheaper. They look really badly/cheaply made though. Same old thing if it seems to good to be true it usually is
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Just shy of a £1000 for a grab for my machine it’s about £500 cheaper than anything else I’ve been quoted. Not sure if I’ll need a rotator as I’m not sure how much I’ll use it to be fair how much would a HAMMER grab go for
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Just shy of a £1000 for a grab for my machine it’s about £500 cheaper than anything else I’ve been quoted. Not sure if I’ll need a rotator as I’m not sure how much I’ll use it to be fair how much would a HAMMER grab go for
Grab or grapple?
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Just shy of a £1000 for a grab for my machine it’s about £500 cheaper than anything else I’ve been quoted. Not sure if I’ll need a rotator as I’m not sure how much I’ll use it to be fair how much would a HAMMER grab go for

Try RSL for a 500kg timber grab mate, think ours was around £1000, worked well on the 7 tonner (I destroyed a set of tongs, but they got me the parts - I paid as it was a sacrifice to get a job done).

Mate now has mine on a 3 tonner working very well.
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Try RSL for a 500kg timber grab mate, think ours was around £1000, worked well on the 7 tonner (I destroyed a set of tongs, but they got me the parts - I paid as it was a sacrifice to get a job done).

Mate now has mine on a 3 tonner working very well.
The hydraulic one from rsl is near 2k 🤦🏼‍♂️ In all honesty I’ve been kicking myself for missing out on one at auction back along for £700 everything seems expensive since then 🤣
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
The hydraulic one from rsl is near 2k 🤦🏼‍♂️ In all honesty I’ve been kicking myself for missing out on one at auction back along for £700 everything seems expensive since then 🤣
Is that with a rotator though? or just a bare Unit?
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Just a bare unit £2,200 plus the dreaded
 

Attachments

  • 0A6CD812-81E3-4030-BDAF-1B254360FEB2.jpeg
    0A6CD812-81E3-4030-BDAF-1B254360FEB2.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 183
K

Komatsu

Well-known member
I have one of these to fit my Kubota 27-4 under my rorotilt been spot on use for every thing from lifting slabs to trees and brash good piece of kit
You’ll go a long way to find anything that comes close to intermercato certainly worth paying that little bit more for the quality of them, think I’ve spent more time lift lifting concrete with mine than trees and brash, (which it was bought for) and it’s holding up like a good’un.
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
👍🏽 Appreciate the help gents trouble is I’m not sure how much I’ll use it. It’s typical when your doing a job and think oh a grab would be handy but you manage without. Trouble is cost wise there’s a lot of renewing going on this year £500 here and there could be used on something else like a wacker plate , new dumper tyres the list is endless 🤣
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
👍🏽 Appreciate the help gents trouble is I’m not sure how much I’ll use it. It’s typical when your doing a job and think oh a grab would be handy but you manage without. Trouble is cost wise there’s a lot of renewing going on this year £500 here and there could be used on something else like a wacker plate , new dumper tyres the list is endless 🤣


Why not try a mechanical grab to start with
They are certainly better than nothing and if used a lot can then be sold on to upgrade
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Why not try a mechanical grab to start with
They are certainly better than nothing and if used a lot can then be sold on to upgrade

Dont' work well with a Powertilt- you loose most of the grip force and it's clumsy as hell.

👍🏽 Appreciate the help gents trouble is I’m not sure how much I’ll use it. It’s typical when your doing a job and think oh a grab would be handy but you manage without. Trouble is cost wise there’s a lot of renewing going on this year £500 here and there could be used on something else like a wacker plate , new dumper tyres the list is endless 🤣


You'll use it A LOT. However, under your tilt hitch and on such a small machine weight will need to be the overwhelming decision-affecting criterea. That rules out Bucket Warehouse and their s**t steel I'm afraid mate.


My Intermecatto TG16SR5 is around 75kg plus top plate, and that's a fair bit even without tilt hitch on a 1.7t machine- remember you will be trying to lift a lot more with it too. I've no experience with the baby Intermecatto log grip type, but at 25kgs upwards they're very light and if they are made from the same steel as my TG16 then I'd say with perhaps a pair of flat plates welded on the bottom (one side offset to pinch if that's what you want) they might be ideal to run on a baby machine under a Powertilt. You won't be grubbing out roots with it (and the Powertilt robs a lot of breakout for this anyhow) but for picking and placing it should be great.


Another way which would require a bit of lateral thinking would be to do as I do for a 1.7 tonner:

Standard quick hitch
Grapple (hydraulic stay makes it much more versatile)
Powertilt run underneath quick hitch as and when required.
Ideally you'd have a micro shell type lightweight grader for using under the powertilt for finishing works too.

Realistically how often do you need the powertilt in the actual dig, as opposed to finishing works? And how often do you feel you could use a bit more breakout force?

You might be able to get a nice wedgelock quick hitch (£600 ish) and grapple (£800 ish) for the same price as a hydraulic grab.

Works for me at least- best all round compromise I could find.
 
Last edited:
Top