tools, earth movement of my area

barracane

barracane

old excavator " MASERA & Bonatti Piacenza, in a farm ,for farm job escavatore massera e bonatti.png
escavatore massera e bonatti.png
escavatore.png
masera bonatti piacenza.png

craig

craig

Never seen (or heard of) one of them before.
Looking at the shine on the bucket in the last picture, it must still be doing a bit.
I wouldn't fancy going anywhere soft in it! its definitely not a LGP or a LC machine.

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Interesting bucket pin arrangemen 🤔

barracane

barracane

è un relitto, un residuo di guerra, pensate ai nostri nonni su quei trabicoli, ogni funzione una leva per effettuare uno scavo ha richiesto mezza giornata, funziona ancora, lo usano sporadicamente per la manutenzione in una fattoria.

1618812055578.png
1618812153280.png

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
the original builders of those terraces must have worked extremely hard :oops:

barracane

barracane

DSCN3167.JPG

DSCN2438.JPG

DSCN4642.JPG
DSCN2477.JPG
DSCN3011.JPG
DSCN3012.JPG
DSCN3164.JPG
DSCN3015.JPG
DSCN3018.JPG

the ferdinandea is an industrial archeology site located a few kilometers away from pazzano and monasterace, in aspromonte. in ancient times the iron mine was extracted from the iron mines of Pazzano and brought to the Bourbon ironworks and melted. the wood cut in the nearby woods was used as a combustible material. s made weapons for the Spanish Bourbons. it is a very important archaeological site and a museum has also been set up.mongiana

DSCN3001.JPG

V8Druid

V8Druid

those are some walls :oops: ... beautiful countryside .......... love the train :love::cool::cool:

barracane

barracane

1631536974763.png

1631536999033.png

1631537028657.png

1631537140325.png

1631537262183.png

1631537434751.png

the locomotive has Bova Superiore, to get it to the top it was a miracle that there was no tragedy. they used two trucks, one to tow the trailer one with a tow bar to tow the tractor that pulled the trailer with the locomotive, behind to push the convoy a large wheel loader, unfortunately I don't have the spectacular photos. the walls I repeat to you are the site of industrial archeology of mongiana in Vibo valentia near my village PAZZANO, MONASTERACE, in the valley of the stilaro, the area is an open-air museum with many archaeological finds, but they are not maintained, it is all abandoned. think that in the beach of Monasterace Marina where I have attached photos of the beaches and bathing establishments, in the vicinity in the direction of the lighthouse under Capo Col there is an important Greek archaeological settlement, the storm has taken away a piece of it, in the summer the tourists come they dive with the diver's estate, take away archaeological finds and no one says anything, it is the country of giufà anarchy reigns and the institutions do not watch over the territory, too bad.
KAULON .
1631537969196.png
1631538015126.png
1631538075625.png

V8Druid

V8Druid

where did they get those columns from ???? :unsure:
is that a solid piece of steel / cast iron as the lintel head supporting the portico ??? :oops::oops:
must be some sort of weight in that lot :rolleyes::cool:
1631545647811.png

barracane

barracane

I don't know how to answer you, I can only tell you that the archaeological site was abandoned and that they then carried out restoration and conservation works now it is open to the public and can be visited, it is located several kilometers from my house, I don't go often, near home mine recently restored a dilapidated stilo castle on the stilaro valley that dominated the valley, the area is impervious and rocky to transport the materials and machinery necessary for the conservative restoration, they had to build a monororaia, a sort of railway with wagons and a cableway , I must have some photos, you can access the site on foot. very picturesque and evocative as a place. pity that our administrators are superficial in maintaining the territory, tourism could be an excellent economic resource.

V8Druid

V8Druid

WOW ..... was it ever finished?
the putlog holes are still evident?
usually filled as the scaffold came down :unsure:
some monorail that and what a location :oops::oops::love::love:

barracane

barracane

the problem would be the access road to a certain point even the trucks go up, then you have to go up a narrow path the monorail is still the track, but hardly anyone visits it a boy in the area would like to organize guided tours but he has little success unfortunately.

DSCN2051.JPG

DSCN2409.JPG

DSCN2412.JPG

stilo

DSCN2410.JPG

DSCN2705.JPG

serra san bruno
certosa di serra san .bruno

DSCN2996.JPG

DSCN3005.JPG

DSCN4450.JPG

piazza stilo
DSCN4736.JPG

DSCN4073.JPG

DSCN4057.JPG

DSCN4065.JPG

castello palizzi
DSCN4448.JPG

DSCN5016.JPG

spiaggia monasterace marina

V8Druid

V8Druid

love it ..... making my feet itch :rolleyes:;)
and just look at the roads round there :oops::oops: 2 wheel paradise
1631656168816.png

Last edited:
barracane

barracane

stilo is a beautiful medieval village with breathtaking picturesque views, unfortunately it is neglected and not maintained, there are many religious buildings churches chapels monasteries abandoned convents that are falling apart architectural masterpieces abandoned to the degrading action of sinful time, they could be a tourist resource economic a driving force for economic revival for the stilaro valley.

1631686636786.png
1631686636786.png
1631686757845.png