The 'Today's Job' thread

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Another one gets the onion stabber treatment!!

1E8BF920-541A-45AF-B869-3FC6B197091B.jpeg
B413E135-B4CD-4175-8B77-D9FAB8FD8A90.jpeg

K

Keif

not heavy enough .... for that tree :oops::ROFLMAO:
Nice work on the tree Tiltyshawn, I really need a ripper.
IMG_20200801_144429.jpg

This one had more side roots than expected from a pine tree.
IMG_20200803_115355.jpg

IMG_20200803_115412.jpg

It didn't take that long really, at least not compared to dealing with a stump for years.😂
IMG_20200803_142924.jpg

Half butt smoothing job. I have more trees to pull and wouldn't have worried about it but a hurricane was coming the next day and I didn't want it to fill up with water.

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Nice work on the tree Tiltyshawn, I really need a ripper.
View attachment 17413
This one had more side roots than expected from a pine tree.
It didn't take that long really, at least not compared to dealing with a stump for years.😂
Half butt smoothing job. I have more trees to pull and wouldn't have worried about it but a hurricane was coming the next day and I didn't want it to fill up with water.
The thumb certainly comes into it's own on work like that.
Like the twin tiger teeth as well. Guess you normally attack something a bit harder than that sandy soil.

B

Brendan

Plus and minus today, on the good side the shims seemed to have eliminated the knocking so far, downside looks to be a bit of movement in the boom and ram pin plus the fitted has squashed the zerk, can still get on it but it's a squeeze.
More downsides looks like the cormidi needs a battery and a starter and the ultra reliable htd5 has decided the starter motor no longer works by either snapping or welding itself together - was a loud knocking and smoke, can start it via the pull start, so hopefully it is just the starter.
Was literally only just saying how it's been problem free for 3 years, bar 2 accelerator cables and the valve block

K

Keif

The thumb certainly comes into it's own on work like that.
Like the twin tiger teeth as well. Guess you normally attack something a bit harder than that sandy soil.
It can go from sandy soil to hard clay within a few feet around here. I really like the tiger teeth for breaking roots and raking around separating roots from dirt.

B

Brendan

Found the issue, was a complete donkey to get out, can't get at any bolts easily

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_134550.jpg
    IMG_20200819_134550.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 145
Furniss

Furniss

Its the little things that make life easier ...

Started dropping onto some bits and pieces now weather is a bit iffy.
Today a bit of topwater drainage in a garden and little tracked dumper is a hero.... drop skip onto floor behind wagon trap door and put blade down so it can pick back up a loaded skip of gravel without nosediving and off you trundle.......beats digging it out of wagon or tipping it on floor :)
20200930_165426.jpg
20200930_165104.jpg

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Its the little things that make life easier ...

Started dropping onto some bits and pieces now weather is a bit iffy.
Today a bit of topwater drainage in a garden and little tracked dumper is a hero.... drop skip onto floor behind wagon trap door and put blade down so it can pick back up a loaded skip of gravel without nosediving and off you trundle.......beats digging it out of wagon or tipping it on floor :)View attachment 18247View attachment 18248
Merlo Cingo. f****ng awesome concept but as normal it's a merlo and its intelligent which is a design flaw in the UK.

Furniss

Furniss

Merlo Cingo. f****ng awesome concept but as normal it's a merlo and its intelligent which is a design flaw in the UK.
Had it for over a decade.... brilliant little thing - have the mixer drum attachment as well.... dont sell them in the u.k do they ?

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Had it for over a decade.... brilliant little thing - have the mixer drum attachment as well.... dont sell them in the u.k do they ?

They attempted it in the mid 2000's. From memory skips, self loading skip, self loading mixer, flatbeds. all sorts of attachments. Even a excavator and Loader from memory.

Agri Dealers not interested in construction and a concept too smart for builders did'nt help it.

Furniss

Furniss

Finished little drainage job and customer asked if we could just bob some slate down before we left, rustic style :)

Anyhow turns out they were massive , wife was with me and caught me having a breather after barring them into place :eek:
flags.jpg

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

One for Druid ..afternoons slinging😎 and it stayed dry. And if you're in Lancashire and want a top class 45t Liebherr for a job give John a bell you'll not be disappointed 👍true gent of an operator.
20201009_140547.jpg

20201009_143824.jpg

Furniss

Furniss

Bit of digging out and drainage going in this week.
All to be finished in spring - just roughed out and get drains in to get it drying out ready for internal work .... water been running in through back patio doors and out the front since opening were put in ...... nothing like doing things in the right order :rolleyes:
forest2.jpg
forest3.jpg
forest.jpg