doobin
Well-known member
7 years I’ve had an E27 and I only just realised you could open the whole half of the side window from the back…
It has to be tidy- this is coppice work for relaying a hedge in future. Client wants it traditional. Chamfered edges etc.Buy @Furniss TMK. You can grub a lot of that crap out at ground level and it’ll regen again no problem.
Nowhere near as tidy as a chainsaw but you’d do a lot of that job in one pass.
No, it won’t touch that diameter. If you are initially ragging stuff out with the grab without cutting it it’ll do a better job though, and leave you with less contaminated finishing cuts to make.It has to be tidy- this is coppice work for relaying a hedge in future. Client wants it traditional. Chamfered edges etc.
They are spending probably £3m on the house rebuild so this is small beer
Plus- I’m burying an 18” bar and often needing the 28”. Surely a tree shear won’t do that kind of stuff?
the contamination is in the stump, where things like flints have been pushed up as they grow. How would a tree shear help?No, it won’t touch that diameter. If you are initially ragging stuff out with the grab without cutting it it’ll do a better job though, and leave you with less contaminated finishing cuts to make.
Anything it can shear you won’t have to return to with a saw.The
the contamination is in the stump, where things like flints have been pushed up as they grow. How would a tree shear help?
Now I see why you have a grinderI have a feeling I’ll be spending most of today changing chains…
And probably making some more!View attachment 85357View attachment 85358View attachment 85359
I used the grinder today on a few chains I’d rocked pretty bad. Made light work of it tbf.Now I see why you have a grinder
Stihl about to launch on the job grinder actually looks pretty good. Be interesting to see it in the flesh.
It happens7 years I’ve had an E27 and I only just realised you could open the whole half of the side window from the back…
View attachment 85356
looking at the tail I'd say that's a red kiteFinished off the last bit of hedge. So satisfying. Took the total blades used to a nice round box of 25not terrible at around 35 quid plus vat.
Now I’m up in the mewp topping out a manky old willow. Buzzard is circling waiting for me to fk upView attachment 85373View attachment 85374View attachment 85375View attachment 85376
Yup. Starting to see them round here now as well.looking at the tail I'd say that's a red kite
That'll be £4500 dear...oh and I'll give you a run up to the cash machineGot a call for an urgent cherry picker job- only the friction against the slate holding it. Handily I already had the cherry picker halfway there, unfortunately I had to go back for the smaller trailer as access is incredibly tight. View attachment 85383View attachment 85384
£150 plus vat and I’ll always get the call from the managing agent. Only took an hour.That'll be £4500 dear...oh and I'll give you a run up to the cash machine![]()