The 'Today's Job' thread

D

DaveDCB

Waiting around for deliveries today, at least I have 5 coming all on the same day, but given we are in 2024 now why can’t all couriers give a better delivery window than 8am to 6pm FFS!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Waiting around for deliveries today, at least I have 5 coming all on the same day, but given we are in 2024 now why can’t all couriers give a better delivery window than 8am to 6pm FFS!!
don't talk to me about deliveries :mad: :mad:

Ordered and paid for 13 new tyres for all me trailers first thing Monday morning - what's on them is well beyond serviceable:(
DHL do their deliveries ... tracking said delivery Wed.s - 48hr delivery job :cool:
turned down a day out with Russ, based on this ...
No ****ing show :mad::mad:

msgd the seller - full of apologies - he'd chase them up
Tracking said delivery yesterday -
No ****ing show again !! :mad::mad::mad:

More conversation with sellers -
Tracking last night showed delivery today (y)

Tracking this morning now says delivery NEXT ****ing Tuesday .... 😡😡🤬

both barrels this morning demanding delivery tomorrow or order cancelled

eight ****ng days for a 48hr is beyond all reason I am ****ING BOUNCING 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

don't talk to me about deliveries :mad: :mad:

Ordered and paid for 13 new tyres for all me trailers first thing Monday morning - what's on them is well beyond serviceable:(
DHL do their deliveries ... tracking said delivery Wed.s - 48hr delivery job :cool:
turned down a day out with Russ, based on this ...
No ****ing show :mad::mad:

msgd the seller - full of apologies - he'd chase them up
Tracking said delivery yesterday -
No ****ing show again !! :mad::mad::mad:

More conversation with sellers -
Tracking last night showed delivery today (y)

Tracking this morning now says delivery NEXT ****ing Tuesday .... 😡😡🤬

both barrels this morning demanding delivery tomorrow or order cancelled

eight ****ng days for a 48hr is beyond all reason I am ****ING BOUNCING 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Who's courier?
Likely be a pallet courier subbed out and they struggling to get a smaller van to you due to location I bet.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Who's courier?
Likely be a pallet courier subbed out and they struggling to get a smaller van to you due to location I bet.
****ing DHL .... 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I gave up using them decades ago - so unreliable I was getting contra-charges for next day, before 10:00-ers, turning up 3 days late, from the timber frame guys I used to do lots for. -- then had to fight them for the on-cost contras. 🤬 🤬 wank*rs

I can get an 18 tonner in here and turn it round .. have had 8 leggers in and turned 'em

have spoken to sellers, who are so apologetic and chasing for me -- admitting to having constant problems with them and paying next day prices in the hope of the promised 48hr actually happening ... I would be billing the b'stards massively and finding a.n.other carrier. :mad::mad::mad:

and if that wasn't enough ... another supplier msgd this morning - Parcelfarce have lost a consignment - did I want to cancel order or wait for FOC replacement in 3 days time ... have dealt with these ppl a lot and quite believe them - have had similar before with others using those tw*ts

WTF is wrong with this country - get stuff from the other side of the world in 3 days o_Oo_O:mad:

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

****ing DHL .... 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I gave up using them decades ago - so unreliable I was getting contra-charges for next day, before 10:00-ers, turning up 3 days late, from the timber frame guys I used to do lots for. -- then had to fight them for the on-cost contras. 🤬 🤬 wank*rs

I can get an 18 tonner in here and turn it round .. have had 8 leggers in and turned 'em

have spoken to sellers, who are so apologetic and chasing for me -- admitting to having constant problems with them and paying next day prices in the hope of the promised 48hr actually happening ... I would be billing the b'stards massively and finding a.n.other carrier. :mad::mad::mad:

and if that wasn't enough ... another supplier msgd this morning - Parcelfarce have lost a consignment - did I want to cancel order or wait for FOC replacement in 3 days time ... have dealt with these ppl a lot and quite believe them - have had similar before with others using those tw*ts

WTF is wrong with this country - get stuff from the other side of the world in 3 days o_Oo_O:mad:
DHL. Utterly crap. Unless it worldwide then they actually seem ok.

V8Druid

V8Druid

more comm.s with the sellers who are tamping like me and screaming at DHL's operations manager - AGAIN!!
Jim at the sellers tells me he's blue in the face with screaming at the pr*ck ....
just looked at tracking and it's been updated to ............
a delivery tomorrow :oops:
not gonna hold my breath, but we'll see :rolleyes:

D

DaveDCB

Ordered part from jcb dealer - I still use my old dealer and they deliver to my dads who runs it over, but I got them to post it direct this time… ordered at 11am yesterday, delivered direct from jcb world parts by DHL (but in a FedEx van!)

V8Druid

V8Druid

Ordered part from jcb dealer - I still use my old dealer and they deliver to my dads who runs it over, but I got them to post it direct this time… ordered at 11am yesterday, delivered direct from jcb world parts by DHL (but in a FedEx van!)
three words ........... you lucky ba**teward :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Furniss

Furniss

Mercedes upto Iveco tricks ..
Book says Adblue fault ...plug it in job I suppose ?
Whilst its on full power it can carry on afaic ....save on adblue for a few months maybe to help pay for repair !
1000015260.jpg

S

Smiffy

Few days work on this ahead of me, not tried any of the Chinese stuff yet. Be interested to see how it handles.

I had one on CW's sanys last year. Really nice machine, the only problem I found was that when grading if you brought the dipper forward then pushed it straight back it would judder. If you paused for a second before pushing it away it was fine. Took a while to adjust and slow down as used to Hitachi's. And it may well have been a problem unique to that particular machine.

C

Cal919

Few early niggles, cabs bit tight for a 6ft 4 lad, not easy to use the track pedals. Forwards ok reverse not good. The fuel gauge is a bit wank on not very much of a incline the needle keeps jumping up and down when i slew. Not a issue but just irritating when you see it in corner of your eye. No blade float which is a shame as spreading large area of topsoil. Oh and the radio’s wank but that’s hardly critical.
On the plus it is pretty speedy and smooth but haven’t started any fine grading yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
    494.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1056.jpeg
    IMG_1056.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 40

6feetdown

Stripping this out