The best loopholes for using dads tractor as a lorry. DVSA please don't look in here.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Don't they have sections of motorway nowadays that has scales in them to catch overloading
 
Bob

Bob

Well-known member
 
Bob

Bob

Well-known member

Attachments

  • excuse-me-5263696_1280.jpg
    excuse-me-5263696_1280.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 143
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I wonder if we have them on 1 bridge near us, dvsa compound literally 100m away from it, as pretty sure not average speed cameras and it is the alternative route for heavy vehicles on m4 to avoid the bridge / tunnels

Nah they aren't that clever the ones on the m25 are somewhere around clacket lane with visa stations atleast 4 junctions away in either direction.

The problem is the people taking the pee the most are firms running on local work. And they know all the backcuts around the test centres. And they don't like doing the mobile setups outside of services anymore as they have a legal obligation to provide welfare and can't do that in a random layby
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
is this really true🤔 I have heard this before but I mean if you are stopped and weighed you have to travel over there ‘dynamic’ weigh bridge at a walking pace without speeding up or slowing down to get a reading😳 but they can weigh you doing 56mph next to another truck with a third one 6 meters behind🤔, and how does the ‘scales’ know how many axles you are running, I pay for 44 tonnes on 6 axles but I also run a single axle trailer on the same unit but at 32 tonnes how does the anpr camera know which trailer I have on🤔

Is it just scaremongering🤔
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
is this really true🤔 I have heard this before but I mean if you are stopped and weighed you have to travel over there ‘dynamic’ weigh bridge at a walking pace without speeding up or slowing down to get a reading😳 but they can weigh you doing 56mph next to another truck with a third one 6 meters behind🤔, and how does the ‘scales’ know how many axles you are running, I pay for 44 tonnes on 6 axles but I also run a single axle trailer on the same unit but at 32 tonnes how does the anpr camera know which trailer I have on🤔

Is it just scaremongering🤔

I don't know but they have them in new Zealand on the bridges and they definitely work well there. But then they only have 2 roads so easier to catch up with them.
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
is this really true🤔 I have heard this before but I mean if you are stopped and weighed you have to travel over there ‘dynamic’ weigh bridge at a walking pace without speeding up or slowing down to get a reading😳 but they can weigh you doing 56mph next to another truck with a third one 6 meters behind🤔, and how does the ‘scales’ know how many axles you are running, I pay for 44 tonnes on 6 axles but I also run a single axle trailer on the same unit but at 32 tonnes how does the anpr camera know which trailer I have on🤔

Is it just scaremongering🤔
They’ll never catch you with 18 vehicles all on the same reg, don’t panic!
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
My understanding would be they use magnetic induction to weigh you. But I could be wrong.
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Mog makes a point... it must be rigged to clever cameras to ensure they weighing each truck...not two etc ...I have my doubts it's that accurate ..more of an indicator or traffic flow system...
FOI Rory?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
" Induction loops and special sensors that comprise of piezo-electric strips are embedded into the road’s surface to determine the weight of the passing vehicle. ....... The scales mounted on these British roads are so accurate that in almost every case, the suspected overloaded vehicle is re-weighed on a set of axle pads or weighbridge at the DVSA control point and the original reading is confirmed. The driver/company is then given the appropriate fine and actions take place to lighten their load before they can continue with their journey. "

from the article in the link .... seems a pretty sophisticated set up ... @Mogman they appear to be able to determine between all lanes individually

1678826355946.png
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
" Induction loops and special sensors that comprise of piezo-electric strips are embedded into the road’s surface to determine the weight of the passing vehicle. ....... The scales mounted on these British roads are so accurate that in almost every case, the suspected overloaded vehicle is re-weighed on a set of axle pads or weighbridge at the DVSA control point and the original reading is confirmed. The driver/company is then given the appropriate fine and actions take place to lighten their load before they can continue with their journey. "

from the article in the link .... seems a pretty sophisticated set up ... @Mogman they appear to be able to determine between all lanes individually

View attachment 45116
Of course the answer would be a electromagnet 🤣 magnets are always the answer.....
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
" Induction loops and special sensors that comprise of piezo-electric strips are embedded into the road’s surface to determine the weight of the passing vehicle. ....... The scales mounted on these British roads are so accurate that in almost every case, the suspected overloaded vehicle is re-weighed on a set of axle pads or weighbridge at the DVSA control point and the original reading is confirmed. The driver/company is then given the appropriate fine and actions take place to lighten their load before they can continue with their journey. "

from the article in the link .... seems a pretty sophisticated set up ... @Mogman they appear to be able to determine between all lanes individually

View attachment 45116
So best to straddle two lanes then🤔 could run up to 88 tonnes then💪😂😂
 
Top