Terex hd1000 wont go.

hiluxman

hiluxman

Hi everyone.

Ive got a terex hd1000 and its lost foward and reverse.

Everything else is working...ie starts up..tips ect.

It was working fine all day but then packed up.

Any ideas?

S

Smiffy

With the dumpers it often seems to be the relays but would be worth putting a multi meter on the forward reverse switch to see if it's making contact

doobin

doobin

Start with the basics. If it's lost forward and reverse has a fuse blown that goes to the shuttle?

Powerfab

Powerfab

The HD 1000 has two separate pumps. One is a variable displacement pump only for the drive, its on a bell housing off the crankshaft of the engine.
The second pump is driven off the side of the engine and supplies only the rams.

What age is the dumper. Is it the old model with direction of travel on the joystick?
If so this is simply a cable connection to a lever arm on the side of the pump. Have you checked the cable is not loose or broken. That would be a simple fix.

There are also safety interconnect solenoids sitting on top of the pump. If you take off the floor plate they will all be exposed to you. These can be tested / switched over to see if working.
If you've just lost drive suddenly its probably electrical. If it was jumpy shuddering or down on power under drive I'd say hydraulics are more likely.

Check all the hoses and metal hydraulic plumbing under the machine, specifically the supplies to the wheel motors. The hoses are surprisingly exposed. A stone or other hard object can easily kink a hose or squash a pipe.

Let us know how you get on after these basis checks.

hiluxman

hiluxman

Thanks for your replys.

Ive just been out to it and apparently it was reversing then lost drive and wouldnt go any more.

It is the joystick one. Ive got the floor covers up and i can see the cable that operates forward and reverse on the side of the transmission/pump and thats moving freely.

There is an electrical connection solenoid that i can see on top of the pump, is that the one for forward and reverse?
I can see 4 others but the are under the steering wheel but i assumed these are for the tipping but im not sure.

I didnt want to force any connections off as i wasnt sure if they just pushed on or not.

Its a very recent edition to the fleet so im not sure of if its had past problems...although it doesnt look like it.
I dove it and it seemed to travel fine the other day without issues but today was its first proper outing.

hiluxman

hiluxman

Out of intrest do they have a fuse box as all ive got at the moment is 2 pop out fuses on the side of the dash which havent poped out and seem in good condition

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Any idea how the pump is driven from the engine? Could it have stripped the drive coupling? Is it definitely a separate pump to the tip and steering?

hiluxman

hiluxman

Any idea how the pump is driven from the engine? Could it have stripped the drive coupling? Is it definitely a separate pump to the tip and steering?
I had this with a machine earlier last year.

I suppose the only way to find out is to split the pump from the engine.

Powerfab

Powerfab

Did it lose drive instantly or start to die of gradually? An instant loss might well be the drive coupling.
Having said that mine gets dogs abuse, tows around 1.5 ton mini digger on plant trailer. I'd have thought the coupling was pretty robust.

Here's a diagram of the engine with drive coupling.
According to my parts manual there are two versions of the coupling dependent on the age of the machine.

Hopefully of some use to you.

Pump coupling.JPG
Part No.JPG

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
system sounds exactly the same hydrostatic system as me Dane mower, 'cept that has two pumps -- one for each drive wheel, to give it independent drive and direction. Loads of interlocks on that, but all electrical and all kill the motor, if there is an issue with configuration ... the drive control is a mechanical linkage. ;)
on that there is a valve on each pump that allows the oil to 'freeflow', to enable you to disengage the hydrostat circuit, to be able to move it if the engine fails. The Countax has a similar valve to be able to freewheel it. (y)
Wonder if the dumper has anything like it and if so, it has come loose/released/undone :unsure: and is freeflowing oil to tank .... The Dane's valve is spec.ed pretty tight :rolleyes: ..... worth a look ;)

hiluxman

hiluxman

Shes back in the yard now so id best pull my finger out and start investigating the issue.

hiluxman

hiluxman

Right well i had somone cleaning it down in the yard and they tried it and it worked for a few times then back dead again. So i think we can rule out drive coupling and assume its electrical/solenoid.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Right well i had somone cleaning it down in the yard and they tried it and it worked for a few times then back dead again. So i think we can rule out drive coupling and assume its electrical/solenoid.
did you have a look to see if it has any drive de-coupling Valves, like the Dane has, on each pump?? or what the oil filter is like ?? ... just a stab in the dark :rolleyes:

hiluxman

hiluxman

did you have a look to see if it has any drive de-coupling Valves, like the Dane has, on each pump?? or what the oil filter is like ?? ... just a stab in the dark :rolleyes:
I havent looked but i asked my old plant man, whos now given the game up to earn easier money with less agro, said they dont have a release on them. Hes said same as on here for things to look at.

Hopefully ill get time on it at some point tomorrow.

jd6820

jd6820

I'd say the Benford control box under the dash has gone a bit funny, it drives the solenoid under the foot plate (lhs) sat in the seat. This will cut the drive and is an issue I see all the time on these. You also need to check that the lights change on the benford controller as you move between neutral and fwd/rev on the stick as there are two magnetic reed type switches that report lever position back to the control box. If you are still struggling I can send you a diagram for the electrics. Good buses and pretty bombproof, apart from wet electrics when people punch through the blank holes in the dash allowing water ingress.

Last edited:
hiluxman

hiluxman

I'd say the Benford control box under the dash has gone a bit funny, it drives the solenoid under the foot plate (rhs) sat in the seat. This will cut the drive and is an issue I see all the time on these. You also need to check that the lights change on the benford controller as you move between neutral and fwd/rev on the stick as there are two magnetic reed type switches that report lever position back to the control box. If you are still struggling I can send you a diagram for the electrics. Good buses and pretty bombproof, apart from wet electrics when people punch through the blank holes in the dash allowing water ingress.

Thanks for that info. Ill look into this.

If you could send me a wiring diagram that would be great...even for future problems