Terex hd1000 wont go.

Routy56

Routy56

Jd6820.....you were spot on.
So glad that you fixed yer dumper (y)
Followed this with interest because I have an HD850 - which is exactly the same with a slightly smaller skip.
Mine has been pretty bombproof for the last 3 years or so
Guess I've been lucky with water getting in so far - taped over those blank holes on the dash :p
So, to fix the problem was it simply a matter of drying out the control board?

Few things to do to mine this year:
Paint job; new tyres; find and fix hydraulic drip from one of the drive motors:unsure:

BTW - I have all the manuals if you ever need further information :geek:

hiluxman

hiluxman

So glad that you fixed yer dumper (y)
Followed this with interest because I have an HD850 - which is exactly the same with a slightly smaller skip.
Mine has been pretty bombproof for the last 3 years or so
Guess I've been lucky with water getting in so far - taped over those blank holes on the dash :p
So, to fix the problem was it simply a matter of drying out the control board?

Few things to do to mine this year:
Paint job; new tyres; find and fix hydraulic drip from one of the drive motors:unsure:

BTW - I have all the manuals if you ever need further information :geek:
I didnt do the repair myself, as its been mega busy here, but the problem was the wire from the control box to the solenoid on the tranmission pump. It has now been bypassed and has a switch in its place. Im told to think of the new switch as a park break switch.

I think they are brilliant little dumpers and this is the first time ive encounted problems with them

L

LEONH16

Thanks for that info. Ill look into this.

If you could send me a wiring diagram that would be great...even for future problems

Hi,

I know this thread is a few months old but hopefully you can help.

We have the same HD1000 with joystick control and it's lost forward and reverse too.

Linkage to pump is fine.

I'm thinking perhaps the problem is the same that you had, as Jd6820 suggested.

Can you confirm which is the Benford control box please? Is it the Anti-Start module (the white box with the 3 red led lights) that sits under the dash?

If so the red led in position 1 lights up when ignition is started but led 2 and 3 do not light up even when forward and reverse engaged.

Does this sound familiar or similar to your problem hiluxman?

Thanks in advance for your help here.

Cheers
Lee

hiluxman

hiluxman

Hi,

I know this thread is a few months old but hopefully you can help.

We have the same HD1000 with joystick control and it's lost forward and reverse too.

Linkage to pump is fine.

I'm thinking perhaps the problem is the same that you had, as Jd6820 suggested.

Can you confirm which is the Benford control box please? Is it the Anti-Start module (the white box with the 3 red led lights) that sits under the dash?

If so the red led in position 1 lights up when ignition is started but led 2 and 3 do not light up even when forward and reverse engaged.

Does this sound familiar or similar to your problem hiluxman?

Thanks in advance for your help here.

Cheers
Lee

Yes that sounds like it.

Unfortunatly i wasnt there when we got this sorted. But basically on top of the transmission pump is a solenoid which loses power from the control box so an easy way to test is to see if youve got power to the solenoid...if not put a temp feed to it and if it will then go forward/reverse then you have confirmed its the control box not releaseing the transmission lock solenoid.