I
Industrial Engines
New member
What is the engine make/model?
kubota d905 ,What is the engine make/model?
Ok thanks! I'll see if any of our engineers can helpkubota d905 ,
ive almost got the engine out , should know by the weekend what the damage is , thanksOk thanks! I'll see if any of our engineers can help
you sure that rad is bolted down ... bottom could just be on spigots ?
Tanks off, you are gonna make hard work of the job if you don't I'm afraid, its not a big job to remove them, quick fluid change whilst you are doing it. That way you can get the exhaust easier too. At least that what I did on the last one I worked on. Also i'm sure you've gathered it's footplate off too and then the steel upturned U shape holding the pump end of the engine. When you split the pump from the engine, best to check the plastic coupler mounted to the flywheel it has internal splines that wear. The steel coupler on the pump less so. There's the auxillary hydraulic pump mounted at the fuel injection pump that's much easier to work on with the side off.
issue found , core plug on head , should have checked that before removign engine , if onlyyou don't have a little endoscopic camera you could have a look under there with ?? cheap enough on ebay and very handy for difficult to view stuff
issue found , core plug on head , should have checked that before removign engine , if onlyOk thanks! I'll see if any of our engineers can help
issue found , core plug on head , should have checked that before removign engine , if onlyMost of the system is gravity fed so not a great problem! Do the job we will sort oil problem after xxxx
issue found , core plug on head , should have checked that before removign engine , if onlyTaking a step back, have you pressure tested the cooling system?
Could I also suggest a load of de-greaser?
It's so much easier to work on when it's clean and you can see what you are doing.
issue found , core plug on head , should have checked that before removign engine , if only... recon it should be fine hammering it back in ?
shovelhands you are correct , I shoulda just taken time and worked through that one, I was convinced it was best just to haul it out and get a good look, m on a positive side I now have a better understanding of the workings of a dumper , thxI’m pretty sure the core plug under the rocker was suggested in a previous thread?
absolutely not ... unless you spread its lip again with a tapered drift of the right dimensions ... it will have shrunk to the block size going in first time and won't want to stay in a second time unless it gets expanded again .. can be done if obtaining a new one is difficult ... I have done it on a Saturday afternoon to get a motor back together and back in the next day ... Rover V8 .... kept a large stock of 'em, after that episodeissue found , core plug on head , should have checked that before removign engine , if only... recon it should be fine hammering it back in ?
shovelhands you are correct , I shoulda just taken time and worked through that one, I was convinced it was best just to haul it out and get a good look, m on a positive side I now have a better understanding of the workings of a dumper , thx
and I actually enjoyed taking the engine out , havent tinkered like that since i was 20 , (35 years ago ) , now to put it all back together lol , thx for helpIt’s easily done, getting ahead of yourself and missing a few steps! We’ve all done it I’m sure, I bloody well know I have!
Main thing is you’ve found the issue![]()
wo w, thx for advise , I,m not in a rush to put it back together , Ill source new, including the one that partially came out (hardly moved but was proud by about .06" ) also . cheers for info . any tips on getting one out (not the one that totally came out ) ...absolutely not ... unless you spread its lip again with a tapered drift of the right dimensions ... it will have shrunk to the block size going in first time and won't want to stay in a second time unless it gets expanded again .. can be done if obtaining a new one is difficult ... I have done it on a Saturday afternoon to get a motor back together and back in the next day ... Rover V8 .... kept a large stock of 'em, after that episode![]()
Chuck it in the freezer….wo w, thx for advise , I,m not in a rush to put it back together , Ill source new, including the one that partially came out (hardly moved but was proud by about .06" ) also . cheers for info . any tips on getting one out (not the one that totally came out ) ...
yep, replace that too ... the edge is what keeps it put and if the edge is protruding, 's only a question of time .... needs to be below the surface at least a mil. ... check them allwo w, thx for advise , I,m not in a rush to put it back together , Ill source new, including the one that partially came out (hardly moved but was proud by about .06" ) also . cheers for info . any tips on getting one out (not the one that totally came out ) ...
and if it's mega tight (which it should be) tap the one edge/side in, until it rotates in the hole and lever it out on the lip ... try not to put any bars in the hole and risk damaging the hole's face ... they're machinedFind a large self tapping screw, or a self drilling roofing fixing, something like that. Wind it into the plug and lever it out with a nail bar or even a claw hammer.
Also wouldn’t hurt to change the rest while you are at it. All of them will have been under pressure from the ice potentially disturbing their sealabsolutely not ... unless you spread its lip again with a tapered drift of the right dimensions ... it will have shrunk to the block size going in first time and won't want to stay in a second time unless it gets expanded again .. can be done if obtaining a new one is difficult ... I have done it on a Saturday afternoon to get a motor back together and back in the next day ... Rover V8 .... kept a large stock of 'em, after that episode![]()