Takeuchi advice, Tb216 vs Tb219

hiluxman

hiluxman

I find it becomes very full on if you try and drive the grab and the digger all at once.
I put a type 1 driveway in to a campsite 40m long in one day all material in and out by myself. Was knackered by the end of it.
I regularly do drop kerbs 2 man machine transit and 7.5t lorry
And that can be an easy day depending on where tip site is.
Working like this is easy if both people know what there doing and can drive a machine but it's pointless if the machine has to stop when u go to grab materials or you can't leave the other bloke unsupervised. It becomes a head ache.
Where I work
There are plenty of lorry's and quite a few have hgv so most working setups have been tried.
For me it's made life so much easier.

Me controlling the grab keeps the job moving and now the digger never stops so win win. I can also run the muck that others don't take because they are to picky on what they take and to top it all run to sane tips as they do.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
What’s the max weight your lorry will shift?
Missed this bit earlier.

Max weight currently is 9t supposedly as it's on cheap Tax class and is downplated..... Plated back up to 25.5t I can shift 13.5t minimum (think it actually can carry more than I was told but i've not been across a weighbridge yet)

Yes I'd like the 125 potentially price and moment in the year dependent..... Wait until next July if you can!

A 18t Grab lorry has a carrying capacity of about 8t..... My 15t Volvo "Could" carry 8 tons as a skip loader but obviously arm width prevented it hauling the 175's..... I do want to investigate fitting a plant body to it as theoretically it should have 8t payload.

hiluxman

hiluxman

Missed this bit earlier.

Max weight currently is 9t supposedly as it's on cheap Tax class and is downplated..... Plated back up to 25.5t I can shift 13.5t minimum (think it actually can carry more than I was told but i've not been across a weighbridge yet)

Yes I'd like the 125 potentially price and moment in the year dependent..... Wait until next July if you can!

A 18t Grab lorry has a carrying capacity of about 8t..... My 15t Volvo "Could" carry 8 tons as a skip loader but obviously arm width prevented it hauling the 175's..... I do want to investigate fitting a plant body to it as theoretically it should have 8t payload.
10,020kg on mine with tank at half full and general shite in it. Its an old school lorry with alloy sides not one of these modern one that as you say only gets 8/9t on.

S

Smiffy

For me it's made life so much easier.

Me controlling the grab keeps the job moving and now the digger never stops so win win. I can also run the muck that others don't take because they are to picky on what they take and to top it all run to sane tips as they do.

We generally get one machine driver/lorry driver and one groundworker at best but usually one machine driver/lorry driver and one labourer meaning it's easier to just get a grab to drop materials out then atleast the proper driver can be on the grab and the machine isn't sat idle.
The only time I now offer to take a grab is if it taking one load of stone to last the day or one load of muck away over the day otherwise it's easier to get someone else to come out.

Also some of the long wheelbase 18t grabs have a bigger turning circle than a 26t grab so it might warrant looking at them then you have 12t to play with.
Although less 26t about with drop sides which are a must

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Beauty with a 18t grab is profitability.....

£200 for a 4 wheeler load
£220 for a 6 wheeler load

Who is making the most money?

S

Smiffy

Beauty with a 18t grab is profitability.....

£200 for a 4 wheeler load
£220 for a 6 wheeler load

Who is making the most money?

But if it's bought for the sole intention of running your own materials and muck away then the 6 wheeler would be the better bet.
There is no profit in doing anything other than your own muck away round here as the grab market is saturated

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
But if it's bought for the sole intention of running your own materials and muck away then the 6 wheeler would be the better bet.
There is no profit in doing anything other than your own muck away round here as the grab market is saturated

If that's the case your still far better off running the smaller lorry. Use the cheapo Mugs for the Bulk, take your cut on top and leave your truck in the yard. When the requirement pops up for the smaller truck you already have one. You can do a big job with the baby truck if needs be, but you cannot do a baby job with a big lorry.

Little lorries are cheap as piss to run.... Infact the tax currently on the 15t volvo is less than the pickup.

The grab market is well and truly saturated with 8 and 6 wheelers here...... IF I had time it'd be a 12 or 15t grab for me..... Baby loads, Premium Rate, Maximum Profit.

Hg2702

Hg2702

If that's the case your still far better off running the smaller lorry. Use the cheapo Mugs for the Bulk, take your cut on top and leave your truck in the yard. When the requirement pops up for the smaller truck you already have one. You can do a big job with the baby truck if needs be, but you cannot do a baby job with a big lorry.

Little lorries are cheap as piss to run.... Infact the tax currently on the 15t volvo is less than the pickup.

The grab market is well and truly saturated with 8 and 6 wheelers here...... IF I had time it'd be a 12 or 15t grab for me..... Baby loads, Premium Rate, Maximum Profit.
Plus the heart warming customer service …

hiluxman

hiluxman

Exactly what I do

S

Smiffy

It depends on your way of working though. Sometimes it can be very efficient to have your own materials on site and sat in a lorry to be used at your pleasure and the same with muck away.
Especially useful if you have material bays in the yard. But as I explained it can become hard work if you start running your own materials on bigger jobs.
Everyone works differently and has different jobs.
Personally I would choose a 12t dropside tipper with materials chutes and a split load door as you get the most carrying capacity and can separate muck away and materials.
And can be loaded with a 2t machine.
This is how we work ATM but with a 7.5t and it's just not big enough to do a days work. If you go down to a 12t grab then realistically you want the smaller cranes with the smaller clamshell fitted
By which time if you have a 2.5t machine on site you may aswell load with that and save the weight of the crane or put ramps up the side and run a tracked dumper straight up. Little grab lorry's round here seem to be for cleaning up behind hand dig gangs on utility's. But then there is rarely anywhere you can get a 26t grab.

craig

craig

The firm doing the water board work around here are using Iveco daily 7.2 tonners, with a small grab.

Furniss

Furniss

Bit of an aside but look at a typical price for a little hook wagon down here in France

Screenshot_20210914-210335_Leboncoin.jpg

Storrsy

Storrsy

Just spent a few hrs on a TB225. It's uncanny actually- the customer had hired in a machine to backfill and grade the trenches I dug for him last week- anyway in the end he asks me to come and do using the hire machine so was quite excited when I turned up and saw the tb225 as I was just thinking on this morning I should get one on hire to see what they're like.

Have to say- pretty impressed. This was bog basic hire spec and it only weighs a touch over 2.2 ton in canopy guise. It's flippin gutsy- almost too much- grading has to be done on little more than tick over, and it's very quick to slew when you have the revs up. I havent tried any serious digging with it yet but it feels hungry for it. It runs same buckets as my 2.8tonner and had no issues with a full 4ft grader at full stretch and pointing down hill. The tracks widen to 1500mm so it's pretty stable.
Basically it's everything the TB216 isn't but didn't feel along way from my 2.8t Only real negative so far was the boom is quite chunky and right in your line of sight so right hand side of your grading bucket is in a nasty blind spot, pretty much need to offset the boom a bit to improve vision a bit.
Just waiting for a price for one now in my spec see what it comes in at.

Attachments

• IMG20211105134351.jpg
    IMG20211105134351.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG20211105134400.jpg
    IMG20211105134400.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 143
Hg2702

Hg2702

Shame you can’t go into the computer and slow or speed up the hydraulics to what suits isn’t it …
I say this but I’m petrified of touching the settings on the cat 🤣

Storrsy

Storrsy

Shame you can’t go into the computer and slow or speed up the hydraulics to what suits isn’t it …
I say this but I’m petrified of touching the settings on the cat 🤣
I did mess about with the screen for a while- I think you can tone down the aux hydraulics to suit attachments. It's nice to see proportional hydraulics and stuff in a small Tak! How are you finding your cat now you've had it a while?

GazCro

GazCro

I did mess about with the screen for a while- I think you can tone down the aux hydraulics to suit attachments. It's nice to see proportional hydraulics and stuff in a small Tak! How are you finding your cat now you've had it a while?
Nice to see prop controls on a small taki, everything the 216 isn't 🤣🤣🤣
Wait till you get a price, make sure you're sat down.