T Whiting Excavations

T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
I think its been talked about before, but did you sort how you are going to tip it?
I was going to put some quick fits on the blade pipework and see how slow it is coming down before I do anything fancy

Does anyone know if I'm ok teeing into a brake line before it gets to the axle would run the trailer brakes?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I've got myself a trailer sorted for behind the duck I just need to give it a coat of shiny tish.

Any recommendations for paint @V8Druid ?
well there's Bitter Chocolate or Druid Gold :LOL: or HBZP grey oxide or oil and petrol resisting Aluminium primer / top coat :giggle: ........
oh you mean manufacturer :rolleyes:🤣😂 Firwood paints have always done me proud .... https://www.firwood.co.uk/ ....
then there's Tractol, or Paintmaster, or Croda .... endless list really ..... used to paint me cranes with Dulux and TBF ... was always a good cover, lasted very well and could get it mixed to any colour you wanted:giggle:;)

and that's one hell of a trailer for behind that lil' 12 tonner ..... in fact that's one hell of a trailer behind that pick up :oops::oops:
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Thanks,

The trailer is about the same bed size as the old grain trailer that's at the farm and it felt about right behind the duck but this is built a good bit stronger.
IMG_20200702_214408_1.jpg


That trailer is huge I've done quite a few miles pulling it with up to 300 pedestrian barriers on it 😲 it always was a crap job picking them up and they were still strung out or just dumped on a pile all different ways round
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
Should be fine hydraulic brakes are just on or off unless you’ve got a pressure equalising valve on trailer which I doubt you will have on that old girl.

I’m just swapping my low loader over to air over hydraulic two firms who I’ve dealt with enertec and Harvey milnes at penistone both great with hydraulic brakes
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Should be fine hydraulic brakes are just on or off unless you’ve got a pressure equalising valve on trailer which I doubt you will have on that old girl.

I’m just swapping my low loader over to air over hydraulic two firms who I’ve dealt with enertec and Harvey milnes at penistone both great with hydraulic brakes


Surely it depends on the break system fitted to the duck
Tractor breaks require a lot of oil and are continuous pumping so don't need bleeding ever time
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Well I've had a drum off the trailer today and found out what the brakes on the trailer are
IMG_20201210_140252_1.jpg

I've just got to decide what to do about it now 🤔🤔

On the plus side the farmer opposite cane over and tipped it for me and the rams looked ok and only seemed to have a little oil sat in the outside of the cylinders
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Well I've had a drum off the trailer today and found out what the brakes on the trailer are View attachment 20014
I've just got to decide what to do about it now 🤔🤔

On the plus side the farmer opposite cane over and tipped it for me and the rams looked ok and only seemed to have a little oil sat in the outside of the cylinders
's what you call a parking brake :oops: ..... must pull some awesome handbrake turns :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: typical faaarmer job
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
Surely it depends on the break system fitted to the duck
Tractor breaks require a lot of oil and are continuous pumping so don't need bleeding ever time
I thought he was talking about the trailer not the duck doh!
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Well I've had a drum off the trailer today and found out what the brakes on the trailer are View attachment 20014
I've just got to decide what to do about it now 🤔🤔

On the plus side the farmer opposite cane over and tipped it for me and the rams looked ok and only seemed to have a little oil sat in the outside of the cylinders

That looks fun to sort breaks for !!
Tbh the s cams in old agri trailers are so vague to begin with you could probably make them
I took a marshal apart and the cam was a piece of 25mm square bar welded on the end of the bar and rounded off with a grinder.
The break rams can be bought in a mount for either round or square axles of the shelf if they are missing
And the shoes are standard sizes so if you are prepared to get the welder out you should be able to make the parts fairly cheap with little in the way of materials
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Nope it's only 3.6m/12ft but built like a tank which I didn't think was a bad thing behind the duck especially with me driving
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Yes I'm definatly not feeling it, my back would normally be 'reminding me' if I'd been sat on a normal micro for the day it seemed to trim a lot better too
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Last of the shiny tish on the trailer today though I'm going to have to do the wheel centers and the tailgate still needs attention it's starting to look the part now though.

I tried the magnetic lights and they seemed well tucked away I just need to add some triangles and a numberplate
IMG_20210104_111832_9.jpg
IMG_20210104_112012_2.jpg
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Last of the shiny tish on the trailer today though I'm going to have to do the wheel centers and the tailgate still needs attention it's starting to look the part now though.

I tried the magnetic lights and they seemed well tucked away I just need to add some triangles and a numberplateView attachment 20766View attachment 20767
that's been transformed into a tidy looking piece of kit boyo (y):cool: ..... your duck is road reg is it ?
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Amazing what a coat of shiny s**t will do isn't it the tailgate is looking a bit sorry now there's not much of it left after today's session 😲 I'm just working out how to add a couple of chutes to it for filling wheelbarrows.

Yes it is road reg but it's a long way to tramp it between jobs but dead handy for local stuff. I'm aware of the legality issues of the trailer but if it looks right.....
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
Amazing what a coat of shiny s**t will do isn't it the tailgate is looking a bit sorry now there's not much of it left after today's session 😲 I'm just working out how to add a couple of chutes to it for filling wheelbarrows.

Yes it is road reg but it's a long way to tramp it between jobs but dead handy for local stuff. I'm aware of the legality issues of the trailer but if it looks right.....
I did a couple like these in back of mine.
IMG-20201114-WA0007.jpeg
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I did a couple like these in back of mine.
View attachment 20870

Just have to make sure the hinge point is central and high enough a lorry turned up the other day with a home made replacement chute door and the had put the bolt on the door in the in the wrong place would open fine but wouldn't close unless you where really gentle ended up with tarmac everywhere
 
Top