Sub 3t tiltys

B

Brendan

Well-known member
I think thats a smart decision especially as Corp tax is going up, might as well spend the profits. And being more efficient is a good thing for making more money in the long term.
I'm trying to find some quotes but they are lost in Instagram messages. 14k doesn't sound too bad in all honesty in todays prices. £16k direct mount with 3 buckets is the cheapest Ive heard. Usual prices are around the 18-19k mark with buckets and top hitch. Rototilt seems to be cheaper than Engcon atm by £1k or more depending on spec
I've sent a message to the rototilt guy as original pricing was a good 2-3k cheaper than engcon.
Going to crack some maths but always get caught up on the cost being a good 50% of a new machine or even not far off the cost of new micro digger. Might have a look towards the I dig but not sure how much of a benefit it would be
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
They are expensive no doubt. I wont go over all the hidden benefits I've found with it, I've said it on here and in my videos (please like and subscribe :LOL: ) and I wouldn't be without one now.
Anyway in answer to your question earlier, I sold the old machine with the tilty on it as it increased its value by £10k. Bearing in mind I paid £13k for the tilty with all the buckets and the grab, I didn't think that was a bad return as I kept everything bar the grader. It was going to cost me 2k to swap it over and refurb at the same time (didn't really need it but why not start with it fresh). So £12k lost on resale and swapping it vs £14k for new one with warranty. Basically a new one cost me £2k - a no brainer in my book.
New 8026 hasn't done a lot of work really this summer. Think she's on 150hrs or so. Drives fine, my only gripe is the tilt seems a bit lethargic on the tilty and I must have a go with the app to see if I can get it a bit more responsive. But otherwise, very happy with the mods I've done over the old machine - the mk2 8026 has upped the game again and I look forward to many more years of service from her.
 
Left hooker

Left hooker

Well-known member
They are expensive no doubt. I wont go over all the hidden benefits I've found with it, I've said it on here and in my videos (please like and subscribe :LOL: ) and I wouldn't be without one now.
Anyway in answer to your question earlier, I sold the old machine with the tilty on it as it increased its value by £10k. Bearing in mind I paid £13k for the tilty with all the buckets and the grab, I didn't think that was a bad return as I kept everything bar the grader. It was going to cost me 2k to swap it over and refurb at the same time (didn't really need it but why not start with it fresh). So £12k lost on resale and swapping it vs £14k for new one with warranty. Basically a new one cost me £2k - a no brainer in my book.
New 8026 hasn't done a lot of work really this summer. Think she's on 150hrs or so. Drives fine, my only gripe is the tilt seems a bit lethargic on the tilty and I must have a go with the app to see if I can get it a bit more responsive. But otherwise, very happy with the mods I've done over the old machine - the mk2 8026 has upped the game again and I look forward to many more years of service from her.
Need to set it to 150% go like the clappers then 😂🤣
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
When I was looking to purchase the 8026 I got a couple of quotes for tilt rotator and rototilt and the price was far better than the engcon
When I bought my first tilty the prices were all very similar. I went with Rototilt as their rotator runs in oil (not just grease) and they warrant it even if you use a breaker (none of the others do). Basically they are built to tighter tolerances.
I’m on basic 4-hose setups so can’t comment on different control systems. The tiltys themselves are exceptional - they work hard in our application (dragging and stacking timber and whole trees) and don’t give any issues (we often break grabs etc, but the Rototilts seem pretty bomb proof).
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Just as a totally random aside I wandered onto the rototilt stand at APF to speak to Aidan..who wasn't there. Had a long chat with the lad on the stand who spent plenty of time with us and the two other ARB lads who hadn't much experience with tiltys ...
Even though it was evident none of us was in a position to buy one the time spent and explanation of features (oilishquickish) 😉😉 etc from a proper gent gives them a tick in my book. Nice bunch 👍 I'll be back to use a phrase 😁
You must have been there on the first day? I only got there one the Friday morning, but glad you got a good run down on what the Rototilt can do👍
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
This one aswell

any ideas??

1668538460587.png
1668538498458.png


pivot protection or Idig????????
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
Is that the sister one to yours you had on a few jobs?
No, that belongs to @rossandson on here. And it was a copy but he had the benefit of learning from my install and we put some nicer details into his... which @Nasco has then taken to another level with my Mk2 8026.
Although looking at that one for sale, its got the DC2 module in the same place as Craig and I have, so feedback on installs is getting around.
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Had couple of prices in and looking back the engcon has gone up sub 1k
No, that belongs to @rossandson on here. And it was a copy but he had the benefit of learning from my install and we put some nicer details into his... which @Nasco has then taken to another level with my Mk2 8026.
Although looking at that one for sale, its got the DC2 module in the same place as Craig and I have, so feedback on installs is getting around.
What sort of details regarding install?
 
J

jimbo

Member
Until March 2023 as far as I’m aware but it has to be new.
Thats correct. only reason I was able to somehow justify ordering a 8026 with ec02. its being delivered in january I'm advised. such a big investment and i will probably only put 300 hours on it in the first 2 years because of the work i have booked in being light on groundwork...... suppose I'm playing the long game
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
Thats correct. only reason I was able to somehow justify ordering a 8026 with ec02. its being delivered in january I'm advised. such a big investment and i will probably only put 300 hours on it in the first 2 years because of the work i have booked in being light on groundwork...... suppose I'm playing the long game
Would be curios to hear what the costs are for machine and Engcon? If you don’t want to publish a discrete PM would be nice!!
 
Top