so ..... basically they're bust - - - continued

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Just heard tonight that Balgownie have went into administration. They’re my local dealer for Doosan/Develon, Bobcat, Bomag, Ifor Williams and more.
That’s bad news locally Jim . I’ve had a few dealings with them and they seemed ok . They’ve been around for a good while . Any idea what went down ?

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315-200956.png
    Screenshot_20240315-200956.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 102
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Just heard tonight that Balgownie have went into administration. They’re my local dealer for Doosan/Develon, Bobcat, Bomag, Ifor Williams and more.
That's a bit of a shock, they always appear to charge well enough to keep the doors open. Arnt they part of filpumps group

6feetdown

Ktwo also away, I thought they were one of the better ones 😞
View attachment 59216
Over invested and cashflow problems or what 🤷‍♂️
We've had 3 pubs shut in town, I mean shitty centre in last 3 weeks.
It's really starting to bite now, Obviously some is down to poor management and over stretching, but a lot to do with the way this country has gone and fleecing anyone who tries to succeed

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
We've had 3 pubs shut in town, I mean shitty centre in last 3 weeks.
It's really starting to bite now, Obviously some is down to poor management and over stretching, but a lot to do with the way this country has gone and fleecing anyone who tries to succeed
centerparks doing nicely thank you £590m net profit last year ... was looking, 'cos I thought it was looking a tad shabby round the edges, all over the site, but a LOT of investment in lodge re-vamping/new builds and roads. Land train we were on last night stank of either over fueling or leaking diesel some where .... spoke wit the driver and he said doubt it, was only delivered ten days ago -- but you're not the first to comment -- will tell 'em to look at it ..... guessing a couple of hundred £k investment :rolleyes: (and the only fumey one I've been on in five days) :rolleyes::unsure:

V8Druid

V8Druid

and another

" Osborne’s accounts are overdue. Its latest filed accounts are for the year to September 2021. A year ago it extended its accounting period, changing the year-end to end of March. "

T

topkit

Another company relatively local to me thats allowed itself to get too big and diversify into stuff it should not have got involved in, Why cant these businesses just stick with what they do best!

V8Druid

V8Druid

and another

" Osborne’s accounts are overdue. Its latest filed accounts are for the year to September 2021. A year ago it extended its accounting period, changing the year-end to end of March. "
House of cards

V8Druid

V8Druid

"Hundred let go as Osborne appoints administrators"​

"Geoffrey Osborne Limited has today formally gone into administration, blaming the combination of covid-19 and Brexit."​

what a load of bollox ...

" Today’s announcement follows an 18-month programme to restructure the firm to focus on the core construction business. During its restructure, Osborne sold its property management division, infrastructure business and offsite manufacturing arm, securing the employment of over 850 jobs. The proceeds of all three sales were reinvested into the business, the company says "

bet the funds, such as they may have been, never went anywhere near the main biz :rolleyes:

6feetdown

"Hundred let go as Osborne appoints administrators"​

"Geoffrey Osborne Limited has today formally gone into administration, blaming the combination of covid-19 and Brexit."​

what a load of bollox ...

" Today’s announcement follows an 18-month programme to restructure the firm to focus on the core construction business. During its restructure, Osborne sold its property management division, infrastructure business and offsite manufacturing arm, securing the employment of over 850 jobs. The proceeds of all three sales were reinvested into the business, the company says "

bet the funds, such as they may have been, never went anywhere near the main biz :rolleyes:
BS taken too much or bad management more probable

V8Druid

V8Druid

unsustainable .......
" Results filed by Rydon Group show that in the year to 30th September 2023 it made a pre-tax loss of £9.1m (2022: loss £5.9m) on turnover of £47.5m (2022: £51.9m). "

and... other news on the cladding remediation front
https://www.theconstructionindex.co...feats-railway-pension-fund-in-cladding-battle

" “This court case should serve as a warning to all building owners. If you fail to fix your unsafe buildings and ensure the safety of residents, we will see you in court. We will not stop until we secure justice for leaseholders.” "

must be hundreds of them around the country