Skidsteer

hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
IMG-20201008-WA0005.jpg
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
Has it got a bobcat type of hitch on it
I got a sweeper bucket of a job yesterday if your interested, don’t know if it works yet, not had proper look at it
Yes, i think it is. Its got 2 handles you pull up to release it. Id not really thought about a sweeper bucket but yes id be intrested.

Should get it home over the next day or 2 so i can have a proper play with it😃
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
Handy things as long as you don’t expect them to work like a proper road sweeper. No vacuum. I bought one for the company last year to keep the internal roads clean, they’ll deal with big lumps that would block a normal machine.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Handy things as long as you don’t expect them to work like a proper road sweeper. No vacuum. I bought one for the company last year to keep the internal roads clean, they’ll deal with big lumps that would block a normal machine.

Do you use them in forwards or reverse ??
I do a forward pass to pick up the big bits then a much slower pass in reverse
Just as it starts to rain or as it's drying up so it's slightly damp and I can get both concrete and tarmac immaculate
The jcb ones with a built in collector are absolute junk though don't work nearly as well as the bucket brushes
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
Do you use them in forwards or reverse ??
I do a forward pass to pick up the big bits then a much slower pass in reverse
Just as it starts to rain or as it's drying up so it's slightly damp and I can get both concrete and tarmac immaculate
The jcb ones with a built in collector are absolute junk though don't work nearly as well as the bucket brushes
I do the same, definitely works better sweeping backwards.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I do the same, definitely works better sweeping backwards.

And the height adjustment needs to be just right
Lots of people think if they adjust the bristles right down they will do a better job but you only want they very tip touching the ground if the bristles bend and the side rather than the tip hit the floor they won't pick up fine dirt
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Yes, i think it is. Its got 2 handles you pull up to release it. Id not really thought about a sweeper bucket but yes id be intrested.

Should get it home over the next day or 2 so i can have a proper play with it😃
It will have the bobcat headstock..... or at least should do🙂
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
It will have the bobcat headstock..... or at least should do🙂
I think so. Ive never paid enough attention to know about the hitch systems on them 😁. The one im used to has a fixed 4in1 on it.

I am secretly looking forward to using it and it should make my life easier too esp as it wholey mine.
 
R

Rob65

Well-known member
Have you got some forks for it?

I made a backplate to put a pair of standard FLT forks on my Bobcat. More useful.than a bucket for lifting and carrying objects around the place
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
Do you use them in forwards or reverse ??
I do a forward pass to pick up the big bits then a much slower pass in reverse
Just as it starts to rain or as it's drying up so it's slightly damp and I can get both concrete and tarmac immaculate
The jcb ones with a built in collector are absolute junk though don't work nearly as well as the bucket brushes

if y run them backwards like a brush and dustpan, you need to drag the bucket edge onthe floor to stop crap shooting underneath, but they do collect better. I run our forwards, crap goes up and over into the bucket and if it’s adjusted right you can carry the edge and not wear it out. I do the bulk going forwards and spin it in reverse to pick up the last bits at the end of the run. Fascinating, eh?
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
if y run them backwards like a brush and dustpan, you need to drag the bucket edge onthe floor to stop crap shooting underneath, but they do collect better. I run our forwards, crap goes up and over into the bucket and if it’s adjusted right you can carry the edge and not wear it out. I do the bulk going forwards and spin it in reverse to pick up the last bits at the end of the run. Fascinating, eh?

Most the ones I've used have been on grain buckets on farms and one on a composting site so any extra wear from dragging the edge on the floor is negligible as they scrapped off of concrete all day anyway
And some grain buckets run the wear strip up the back edge specifically for use with a bucket brush
Also some have a lip inside so if collecting really wet stuff it doesn't run out as quickly
Although I find it easier when really wet to run the brush the wrong way and use it as a broom to push everything into the corner of the yard
 
Top