Sell the pickups quick

Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
Tbh I'd of had that at 10k if it was rust free.....

Unfortunately I've just got this at £4500.... Last new truck all being well and defenders for the future.
Is that the 2.2 or 3.2?
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Tbh I'd of had that at 10k if it was rust free.....

Unfortunately I've just got this at £4500.... Last new truck all being well and defenders for the future.
She’s pretty good to be fair, waxoyld from new, and I’m inland, I imagine the coastal trucks are see through after 12 years!
 
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
I just saw my first spangly New Land Cruiser LX - think it was V8 and was white with tray back. In Holsworthy -Devon. Christ it’s a good looking thing , I wouldn’t be telling people if I won the lottery, but there would be signs!!
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
I just saw my first spangly New Land Cruiser LX - think it was V8 and was white with tray back. In Holsworthy -Devon. Christ it’s a good looking thing , I wouldn’t be telling people if I won the lottery, but there would be signs!!

My mate had a new one but just replaced it with a uae imported tundra he’s got lots of classic 60,70 series as well
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1423_Original.jpeg
    IMG_1423_Original.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1422_Original.jpeg
    IMG_1422_Original.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1421_Original.jpeg
    IMG_1421_Original.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7610.jpeg
    IMG_7610.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_7611.jpeg
    IMG_7611.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 136
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member

85k truck with a 201hp 4cylinder engine…. I know it’s not all about power and size… but that’s going to be very sluggish in such a big truck!!
85k utter madness !
Over here I know someone who about 2 years ago bought a lovely little 2 bed cottage,next to a canal with orchard,garden and garage for less !!
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
I’m a fully signed up member to ideally not spending more than 20k on a pickup but I buy them outright run them 5-6 years then try recoupe 60-70% on them. But they get worked and scratched dented etc.

One of these looks ok though, my dad had a king cab navara with suicide doors worked well for tools etc

Decent set of chunkier wheels tyres make a lot of difference to it as well
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7617.png
    IMG_7617.png
    459.6 KB · Views: 115
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
I’m a fully signed up member to ideally not spending more than 20k on a pickup but I buy them outright run them 5-6 years then try recoupe 60-70% on them. But they get worked and scratched dented etc.

One of these looks ok though, my dad had a king cab navara with suicide doors worked well for tools etc

Decent set of chunkier wheels tyres make a lot of difference to it as well
That’s why I’m going back to a van for daily work. 25k buys you a brand new one and I get all my tools in it with space to carry materials etc.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Problem is the days of pickups being a long term purchase are long gone.... No make is bomb proof.... Toyota's are getting a name for being rot boxes under the tubs... Ford Ecoboom, Nissans eat turbos, Mitsis are just well Mitsis and unfortunately Isuzu have won the hearts of the utility industry and feel they can charge whatever they want for parts.

IF someone had the balls to develop a basic chassis cab 4x4 that retailed for £20-40k and you put your own body on it'd sell astronomically well..... But they won't. Because the yuppie twat market is too good.
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
I do believe Ford had a huge issue with the rear axles… in that they didn’t work and had no replacements? And don’t Nissans split in half? And the newer Hilux 2.8 L engine is just very poor!
It’s all steering us all into leasing, something I never want to do!
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member

85k truck with a 201hp 4cylinder engine…. I know it’s not all about power and size… but that’s going to be very sluggish in such a big truck!!
£85k!!! Maybe if it had a big diesel V8 (like a proper Land Cruiser) but definitely not with the Hilux power train.
 
Top