Security Trackers

Kev

Kev

Hi
I’m new on here just joined today.
Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction to a good SECURITY tracker.
I have quite a lot of older trackers that ring and text me which is ideal, but I’ve just purchased a new machine and brought a new so called security tracker from a leading company for it (I wont mention their name at the moment) but it has turned out to be a very big disappointment and the support is shocking.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Kevin

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Have a look at Defender Defender. He does a magnetic one that you can use on plant.

Reactions: Kev
F

fred

Depends if you want a diy Chinese one or a professional one that will work if it’s put in a container.

I use automatrics one , if it’s pinched they go and find it . You pay for it but it’s the only thstcham approved one also.

Nfu give 10% off premium for thatcham approved devices.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hi
I’m new on here just joined today.
Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction to a good SECURITY tracker.
I have quite a lot of older trackers that ring and text me which is ideal, but I’ve just purchased a new machine and brought a new so called security tracker from a leading company for it (I wont mention their name at the moment) but it has turned out to be a very big disappointment and the support is shocking.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Kevin

Welcome Boyo .... 'fraid I know sod all about the subject, but there's plenty on here that do ;) .... pretty sure there will plenty of advice and experiences forthcoming (y)

pettsy

pettsy

Have to say the automatrics ones look the part when watching their videos on YouTube!

Kev

Kev

Depends if you want a diy Chinese one or a professional one that will work if it’s put in a container.

I use automatrics one , if it’s pinched they go and find it . You pay for it but it’s the only thstcham approved one also.

Nfu give 10% off premium for thatcham approved devices.

Hi Fred.
Thanks for the info but looking for trackers that I’m in control of, hardwired and with inputs and outputs for ignition alerts and immobilisation and Geofence etc.
Sorry I should of put more info on my 1st post.
Thanks for the info though.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Valve on the Hydraulic suction from pipe, one on the fuel line and one on the servo control line, along with a hidden dead man on the starter motor solenoid line will be far more effective than a tracker IMHO

Kev

Kev

Valve on the Hydraulic suction from pipe, one on the fuel line and one on the servo control line, along with a hidden dead man on the starter motor solenoid line will be far more effective than a tracker IMHO
That won’t stop an hiab on the smaller machines.

F

fred

Wired tracker is easily killed and they know how. I won’t mention how for obvious reasons. If it relys soley on a SIM card it really isn’t much use at all which is why insurance only recognise real ones.

Kev

Kev

Wired tracker is easily killed and they know how. I won’t mention how for obvious reasons. If it relys soley on a SIM card it really isn’t much use at all which is why insurance only recognise real ones.
I understand what your saying Fred but it’s not as easy as your thinking if you disconnect a wired tracker or even disconnect the machine battery the tracker will alert you straight away also sim tracker can’t even be found by detection equipment theses days because of there deep sleep modes they go into.
I’m not looking for insurance discounts I’m looking for full self controlled security.

V8Druid

V8Druid

That won’t stop an hiab on the smaller machines.
neither will anything else ..... other than leaving it somewhere it can't be gotten at with said Hiab :rolleyes:
we all have to face it ..... if the thieving bastards want it, it is going to go ... end of ..... a lock only keeps out an honest man :sick:
what's required is a 'C' change in the law. that returns the rights to the victims and not the crims ...
any unfortunate outcomes of criminal activity should be treated as - - 'well if your weren't a thieving bastard, you wouldn't have been shot/had the s**t kicked out of you/ended up in hospital' we should all have the right to protect what is ours, in any manner we see fit .... you set foot on someone's property in the states and they are perfectly entitled to shoot you :oops: ... extreme, but efficient (y)
anyone I catch on my property, uninvited, is in for a rough time .... sort it later .... self defence officer ;)

Kev

Kev

neither will anything else ..... other than leaving it somewhere it can't be gotten at with said Hiab :rolleyes:
we all have to face it ..... if the thieving bastards want it, it is going to go ... end of ..... a lock only keeps out an honest man :sick:
what's required is a 'C' change in the law. that returns the rights to the victims and not the crims ...
any unfortunate outcomes of criminal activity should be treated as - - 'well if your weren't a thieving bastard, you wouldn't have been shot/had the s**t kicked out of you/ended up in hospital' we should all have the right to protect what is ours, in any manner we see fit .... you set foot on someone's property in the states and they are perfectly entitled to shoot you :oops: ... extreme, but efficient (y)
anyone I catch on my property, uninvited, is in for a rough time .... sort it later .... self defence officer ;)
Totally know what you mean and agree.
But that’s exactly why I have trackers fitted on my machines they can’t even open the doors without me knowing and then it can be sorted.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Don't they still chop off the perpetrators right hand down in Wales ?
;)
I wish :rolleyes::(:cry:... several of our neighbours were broken into last night, with all the high wind noise masking nocturnal activities of the thieving bastard type :mad:
Knee capping would be my favored modus operandi for any uninvited visitors I find wandering around down here ;) ..... have a f***ing job wandering anywhere afterwards :giggle:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Totally know what you mean and agree.
But that’s exactly why I have trackers fitted on my machines they can’t even open the doors without me knowing and then it can be sorted.
(y)(y) ... 's why I had such a comprehensive system in my old workshop ... I knew if a mouse farted in my yard or building and could respond accordingly ;)

V8Druid

V8Druid

just tripped over these on flea bay :rolleyes: looking at water level alarms amazingly!! ?? o_O thoughts on their merits guys ... looks handy-ish ... be alright on two wheels, tucked away ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...679112?hash=item19e422f708:g:nM4AAOSw9GhYej6A

1564516091481.png

doobin

doobin

They work ok. They’re doing some pretty good deals for yearly subscriptions too.