Routy56 - can you just....

Bri963

Bri963

What’s a good life? I think the only difference between people is how badly wrong we get it. I certainly wouldn’t hold myself up as good, despite the good things I may have done (in my own estimation, which isn’t objective)

Sorry Routy, this has pulled things well away from your work. I never actually got as far as commenting on how tidy you keep your jobs. Nice helicopter. I’m partial to W/N excavators as well, though haven’t sat on one smaller than 3 tonnes.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I rate a good life as going about each day and refraining from going on the rampage to rid the world of stupidity 😂

As for routys thread, well whilst we are on this topic we could just.... 😂

Routy56

Routy56

What’s a good life? I think the only difference between people is how badly wrong we get it. I certainly wouldn’t hold myself up as good, despite the good things I may have done (in my own estimation, which isn’t objective)

Sorry Routy, this has pulled things well away from your work. I never actually got as far as commenting on how tidy you keep your jobs. Nice helicopter. I’m partial to W/N excavators as well, though haven’t sat on one smaller than 3 tonnes.
No worries matey - nice to get a good discussion going. In Lodge we are discouraged form talking about Religion and Politics. However, at the bar, it's a different matter :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for mentioning my work sites. I always say a tidy site is a safe site. Not always possible. Now gotta really tidy up my Barn/Workshop :eek:
Where did you spot the helicopter? If you're interested I post up more photos 🤓
The old Neuson has served me well and has now clocked up only 1730hrs. Paid for it's keep over and over.:cool:

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
1590180279614.png

There you go.

Routy56

Routy56

You've got a helicopter :unsure:
I assumed @Bri963 was talking about the neuson (cab shape).
Or have I missed something :LOL:
Well I have got a helicopter of sorts......
......Big RC job that I built crashed and rebuilt 🤪
It's hanging in my barn and I thought that some of you lot, who spend more time looking at the background in photos, had spotted it :sneaky:
Now I do remember seeing the Neuson mockup heli :ROFLMAO:
So if you guys are into RC Helicopters I'll get it down blow the dust off and see if the glow plug engine will fire up........

M

Monkeybusiness

It's hanging in my barn and I thought that some of you lot, who spend more time looking at the background in photos, had spotted it :sneaky:
So if you guys are into RC Helicopters I'll get it down blow the dust off and see if the glow plug engine will fire up........
Please do that!!! They are really impressive things to see flying.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I got an ex helicopter kit bout 20 year ago, built it all from scratch and set her up but couldn’t get it to lift off 😕 knackered the first engine and went for a slightly bigger one and knackered the centrifugal clutch 😖 been in the shed ever since

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

I got an ex helicopter kit bout 20 year ago, built it all from scratch and set her up but couldn’t get it to lift off 😕 knackered the first engine and went for a slightly bigger one and knackered the centrifugal clutch 😖 been in the shed ever since
That’s what happens when you try to lift your wallet with it 🤦🏻‍♂️

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
funny story 'bout RC choppers .... Girl I used to know was living with a guy who'd chopped in his missus in favour of her ... but couldn't keep it in his trousers she found out and came home for 'the row' ... when she got there he's out in the garden flying his RC chopper, so without announcing her arrival she casually walked out into the garden with his 'over and under' and blew the bugger out of the sky .... in the mid 80's yon chopper had cost him a pretty penny ... needless to say there wasn't a lot left to put back together ...... he was lucky she shot the chopper and not the control box .. he was holding:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Routy56

Routy56

I feel your pain Mike :eek: Now go and dig it out of the shed as a 'lockdown project'........
Mine is a Kyosho Nexus 30 which was a birthday present about 15 years ago from my daughter and her (now ex) husband.
He was flying all sorts RC helis at that time and the challenge was for me to build and 'get it up' 🤪
Did all that and after some fettling it actually flew very well.
Had some lessons and could actually get into a hover and fly figure of 8s :cool:
DSC01805.jpeg

Here you go - Kyosho Nexus 30 with Futuba controller. Been hanging up in the barn for about 8 years as a display item.
Now if I can find my box with starter and fuel.......:ROFLMAO:

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I feel your pain Mike :eek: Now go and dig it out of the shed as a 'lockdown project'........
Mine is a Kyosho Nexus 30 which was a birthday present about 15 years ago from my daughter and her (now ex) husband.
He was flying all sorts RC helis at that time and the challenge was for me to build and 'get it up' 🤪
Did all that and after some fettling it actually flew very well.
Had some lessons and could actually get into a hover and fly figure of 8s :cool:
View attachment 15411
Here you go - Kyosho Nexus 30 with Futuba controller. Been hanging up in the barn for about 8 years as a display item.
Now if I can find my box with starter and fuel.......:ROFLMAO:
Was one of my projects at school to make a box to carry it about in, what a cracking box is was too, the craft and design teach (aka Scrooge) was well chuffed with it 😁

Routy56

Routy56

funny story 'bout RC choppers .... Girl I used to know was living with a guy who'd chopped in his missus in favour of her ... but couldn't keep it in his trousers she found out and came home for 'the row' ... when she got there he's out in the garden flying his RC chopper, so without announcing her arrival she casually walked out into the garden with his 'over and under' and blew the bugger out of the sky .... in the mid 80's yon chopper had cost him a pretty penny ... needless to say there wasn't a lot left to put back together ...... he was lucky she shot the chopper and not the control box .. he was holding:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wow that was a lucky escape 😳
Back in the day I’ve been to loads of domestics where shotguns have used. They leave a bloody big hole in a body 🤨