Restricted access

Bri963

Bri963

Digger and dumper will run rings round a skid steer its just that the yanks don't know any better. I'm not even sure if they've even seen a dumper.
You’d need a fair haul to give advantage to a small excavator/dumper combo over a big tracked skid like a Cat 289 or 299. Unless it’s in rock, then scratch that last comment. Sometimes it’s us that need to be a bit more open minded instead of reaching for an excavator every time..A couple of years back I watched two 13 tonne excavators and two dumpers doing a site strip and stone placement that a 953 could have done on its own in not much more time.

Bri963

Bri963

B6918CE8-4D17-4C6A-BF74-B3E02994CB58.jpeg
Of course, if you insist on an excavator, they don’t get much more limited-access friendly than this. It’ll fit anywhere my arse will.

GazCro

GazCro

You’d need a fair haul to give advantage to a small excavator/dumper combo over a big tracked skid like a Cat 289 or 299. Unless it’s in rock, then scratch that last comment. Sometimes it’s us that need to be a bit more open minded instead of reaching for an excavator every time..A couple of years back I watched two 13 tonne excavators and two dumpers doing a site strip and stone placement that a 953 could have done on its own in not much more time.
Didn't think he was on about a drot tbh. As i said earlier though we don't know enough about the job. I reckon you'd soon pi** people off if you were running on their tarmac for example. Another thing to consider is cost part the reason you don't see many tracked skid steers around is the price of them. I was at the sed the year takeuchi had theirs there and kubota may have had one there as well and there was a lot of people looking real interested until they asked the price. Couple of dumpers and a digger are peanuts to hire

Last edited:
GazCro

GazCro

Would be good to know what the height restriction is and why there are no other options as 400m3 is a lot to dig out with small gear.

Stubota86

Stubota86

Firm near me hires to the rail firms, has a fleet of these modded Kubotas

Attachments

• 117A50F8-8332-46B6-88F9-1D0FC4984B1A.jpeg
    117A50F8-8332-46B6-88F9-1D0FC4984B1A.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 209
Bri963

Bri963

Didn't think he was on about a drot tbh. As i said earlier though we don't know enough about the job. I reckon you'd soon pi** people off if you were running on their tarmac for example. Another thing to consider is cost part the reason you don't see many tracked skid steers around is the price of them. I was at the sed the year takeuchi had theirs there and kubota may have had one there as well and there was a lot of people looking real interested until they asked the price. Couple of dumpers and a digger are peanuts to hire
Can’t argue about the price, they’re way overpriced. You can hire them, though.

J

John Byrne

Alright Men, I posted that and forgot about it. A 4t Tak would be the job but they're not easily got so I reckon ill be digging with a 3 t and loading the wagons on the road with a manitou. 626

GazCro

GazCro

Alright Men, I posted that and forgot about it. A 4t Tak would be the job but they're not easily got so I reckon ill be digging with a 3 t and loading the wagons on the road with a manitou. 626
Out of interest what is the height restriction and is it exactly 2.5m

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Looks lower on the right? If that was cab side....then what’s it measure there?

I looked at a few specs the other day, and there’s plenty of offerings in the 2500-2600 region.
JCB (48Z iirc) for instance was about 2540 iirc, if you had the cab on that lower side, it might squeeze in? I think there’s a plate on top of the cab too, which might unbolt to gain a few crucial mm’s?

GazCro

GazCro

There's no chance of gaining a bit by taking a bit out the bottom? I only have info on what i own tbh but my tak 240 as said earlier would fit haven't actually measured it but according to specs tak 290 is only 2550 no use to you but not much higher than 4 ton which surprised me. That doorway actually looks like its had a bit filled in at the top may possible to gain a bit. With the amount you say is to come out it would pay to do some alterations to get something bigger in

J

John Byrne

its a public path so id have to apply to the council for a road opening license if I was to break it up, a lot of messing around and expense and I might not get it.
I don't think the people who own the house would be interested in me knowing lumps out of their House so I could get a digger in. the job is behind the gates but that house isn't the client, its just a right of way

GazCro

GazCro

its a public path so id have to apply to the council for a road opening license if I was to break it up, a lot of messing around and expense and I might not get it.
I don't think the people who own the house would be interested in me knowing lumps out of their House so I could get a digger in. the job is behind the gates but that house isn't the client, its just a right of way
I see just got to work as is then. Dumper wise i think any thwaites new enough to have a folding roll bar (probs 2005 on ish) will fit with roll bar folded down.

Left hooker

Left hooker

Pubic path that's gated and locked ?

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
This is what I think is going on.... John can't be much of a driver though as he's already scat the forklift and digger on there side. 😂

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 186
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
conveyors ???

or let the air out of the tracks, might gain a few mm :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: