R.Sanders Plant

S

Steve Trott

Member
CD3E792E-FF64-4134-92F3-AB55C756B50D.jpeg
071F6DC0-EAC4-42FA-8FA4-0B97E2CD1C0D.jpeg
My tilt hitch, not as bendy as yours Rory.😏
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
@Hg2702 you prick the pins don't match :ROFLMAO:
Oh and a Pond....

And a Stone.... the 200 series are s**t.... I rest my case.
did I not supply you with the special 28mm pin?

ah sorry just seen you meant the bucket itself. The actual tilt hitch takes a 30mm in one and a 28mm in the other! No idea what that’s all about!
 
Last edited:
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
@Hg2702 you prick the pins don't match :ROFLMAO:
Cut that crappy semi Q/H off. BMC will supply you with a screw type hitch plate that you can weld on. A massive improvement, keeping the pins tight. Speak to Robert Welsh, he's a true gent and couldn't be more helpful. The backing plate it comes with is pretty damn close, it's an easy fit. Then you can use that new impact wrench to tighten it.

Around £300 from memory, it's great. You have to adapt or remove the safety pin that locks the screw as it's in the way of the Helac unit, but I'm sure that won't bother a man of your standing standards! :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 07.18.14.png
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
No, no to s**t screw type hitches. If I was over worried about tightness I'd be going hydraulic but I'm not.
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
What’s s**t about it? It’s a perfect soloution.
My wedge lock on my 3 tonner seems to work undone after an hour or two. Not enough to let go of the bucket but certainly enough to give it enough slop to put it on par with a spring hitch.
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
@Hg2702 you prick the pins don't match :ROFLMAO:
did I not supply you with the special 28mm pin?

ah sorry just seen you meant the bucket itself. The actual tilt hitch takes a 30mm in one and a 28mm in the other! No idea what that’s all about!
To be fair I always used a big hammer to drive the pin in and half a tube of grease
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
What’s s**t about it? It’s a perfect soloution.
No they are s**t, slow, irritating and pointless.

If I want to spend a week of my life changing buckets I'll just carry a hammer and drift, infact I can do it quicker than it takes for a bloody wudge lock. otherwise spring hitch or fully hydraulic. Semi Q/H will do the job plenty well enough.
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
No they are s**t, slow, irritating and pointless.

If I want to spend a week of my life changing buckets I'll just carry a hammer and drift, infact I can do it quicker than it takes for a bloody wudge lock. otherwise spring hitch or fully hydraulic. Semi Q/H will do the job plenty well enough.
What buckets were you putting on it anyway ?
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
No they are s**t, slow, irritating and pointless.

If I want to spend a week of my life changing buckets I'll just carry a hammer and drift, infact I can do it quicker than it takes for a bloody wudge lock. otherwise spring hitch or fully hydraulic. Semi Q/H will do the job plenty well enough.
I quote like semi hitches but there such a pain with all the buckets having to be spot on for them but there quick to change if you keep the back pin greased you can have it out as fast as the safety pin on a spring hitch
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
I’ve always had 30mm pins 105 dipper width and 130/132 centres , blame it on the 216 🤣
 
Top