R.Sanders Plant

M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Wikipedia
Search
Ranulph Fiennes
Language
Download PDF
Watch
Edit
This British person's barrelled surname is Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, but they are known by the surname Fiennes.
Not to be confused with Ralph Fiennes.
Sir Ranulph Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, 3rd Baronet, OBE (born 7 March 1944),commonly known as Sir Ranulph Fiennes (/ˈrænʌlf ˈfaɪnz/),and sometimes as Ran Fiennes, is a British explorer and holder of several endurance records. He is also a writer, poet and co-creator of Sir Ranulph Fiennes' Great British Rum.

Sir
Ranulph Fiennes
Bt OBE
Sir Ranulph Fiennes at Wexas in 2014
Fiennes in 2014
Born
7 March 1944 (age 76)
Windsor,
He used to live there - I guess that’s why you’ve posted this Dylan? His Mrs has one of the council houses are the bottom of the hill.
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Them fuels tanks for fueling the pump house. The pipe line from lake Vyrnwy in wales to Liverpool goes past.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Winched in the rail gangs gear. Also had to recover the hinowa due to detracking by stones on the slope . . Winch works a treat.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200728_170531.jpg
    IMG_20200728_170531.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20200728_122032.jpg
    IMG_20200728_122032.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 229
Richard Hunton

Richard Hunton

Well-known member
Genuine, I'd love to be involved with something like that, rather than throwing stone into a screen......
But being made to feel like I'm a brain surgeon.
Not getting any better on my job 😬
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Genuine, I'd love to be involved with something like that, rather than throwing stone into a screen......
But being made to feel like I'm a brain surgeon.
Not getting any better on my job 😬

Sack it off 😂

I was given bad news earlier concerning me being needed on another Highways England Jaunt in a few weeks time...... Lovely Jobs and I tend to enjoy them, just a shame about the execution and the requirement for utter bollocks.....

I constantly go through the motions regarding whether being a owner Operator is the best course of action. As said numerous times you won't get rich from it and i've got to be honest whilst I love some of the work we do, the reality is I'm mentally and physically drained atm..... s**t loads of work, not enough time. That job is dragging as unfortunately I've got to craic on and get it done before the brickys get to DPC as there is no room around site.... normally I would f**k off and get some other work done until I want to return but on this job the space is so limited i've got to craic on :(
 
Richard Hunton

Richard Hunton

Well-known member
I'm on a basic labour only rate, I've spent 4 and a half days getting inducted 7 hours a day sat in the truck is worse than prison.
2 thousand tons of stone to screen has turned into 9 and a half thousand ton, I just can't be arsed with it, a shift feels like a week
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I'm on a basic labour only rate, I've spent 4 and a half days getting inducted 7 hours a day sat in the truck is worse than prison.
2 thousand tons of stone to screen has turned into 9 and a half thousand ton, I just can't be arsed with it, a shift feels like a week

I'd be skipping the f**k out of the gate 😂 Personally if your good and Self Employed basic Labour rate needs to be a minimum of £20/hr.... I won't say what I go out at as it's a public forum and liable to put noses out of joint. But I Make more as a seat filler than I do with a 1t machine. It serves two purposes, 1) Does'nt rile me to be sat in someone elses machine, and 2) people only have me when they want/need me/the emotional support I bring 😂

Your time is too precious to be unhappy IMHO..... whilst I appreciate not everyone has the financial stability to tell people where to go, you won't change that by working for jelly beans and being unhappy.
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
I'm on a basic labour only rate, I've spent 4 and a half days getting inducted 7 hours a day sat in the truck is worse than prison.
2 thousand tons of stone to screen has turned into 9 and a half thousand ton, I just can't be arsed with it, a shift feels like a week
Years ago I got asked to drive a 20T on a reinstating pipeline job and I agreed :unsure:fecking hell not for me that kind of work, talk about groundhog day, was ill with it by the end I was so bored, saw it out then bought a 1.5t and ifor Williams and started out for myself after that.
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
I constantly go through the motions regarding whether being a owner Operator is the best course of action. As said numerous times you won't get rich from it and i've got to be honest whilst I love some of the work we do, the reality is I'm mentally and physically drained atm..... s**t loads of work, not enough time.

Damn right you won't get rich from it. Im off later, an hour driving there towing the 1.7, probably three/four hours on site and an hour back, all for £300 and mainly because I'm a mug who feels sorry for a guy calling me up yesterday with a hard luck story about being let down. Must be the third in as many weeks. It's manic out there at the moment. I'm torn between making hay whilst the sun shines, and getting on with my own jobs that will make much more profit but can wait (until my customers start getting mad). Take out the £40 for 40 miles each way in the truck and that £300 is down to £260, a little more for the digger and some cherry and you're down to £220. Ain't brickies on £200 a day for a string line, a trowel and a Ford Focus?
 
L

Lynchy

Well-known member
Damn right you won't get rich from it. Im off later, an hour driving there towing the 1.7, probably three/four hours on site and an hour back, all for £300 and mainly because I'm a mug who feels sorry for a guy calling me up yesterday with a hard luck story about being let down. Must be the third in as many weeks. It's manic out there at the moment. I'm torn between making hay whilst the sun shines, and getting on with my own jobs that will make much more profit but can wait (until my customers start getting mad). Take out the £40 for 40 miles each way in the truck and that £300 is down to £260, a little more for the digger and some cherry and you're down to £220. Ain't brickies on £200 a day for a string line, a trowel and a Ford Focus?
£190/200 a day,off by half three on digger,wouldn't thank you for grief sorting jobs,payment out
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Winched in the rail gangs gear. Also had to recover the hinowa due to detracking by stones on the slope . . Winch works a treat.
Hope you are not wreaking that good dumper!
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Hope you are not wreaking that good dumper!

No but it will need new sprockets and tracks by the end of the job as it's getting some use.

One of those days today, hired digger and driver got a track off.... I fixed it and lost my phone, went on with railway only to have one of the contractor lads overspool the winch.... spotted it and kicked the cable off myself as I was'nt happy with it.... :(

Tommorow is another day.... Oh Found my phone.... it's been levelled around the site and is now f***ed.
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
£190/200 a day,off by half three on digger,wouldn't thank you for grief sorting jobs,payment out
It depends what floats your boat, a lot of satisfaction comes from steering your own ship, building a business, improving your equipment year by year etc
Yes its a lot of work......... I dont like the paperwork and from time to time you fall upon an oddball customer , but we have only had to chase money twice in 18 years and I really wouldnt want go back to working for someone else now.
 
Last edited:
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
Yeah, definitely don’t do this for the money- when you work out all the time spent looking at jobs, paperwork, organising materials- then usual running cost I often think I’d be much better of sat on someone’s else’s machine and let them have the grief. BUT you can’t beat that feeling of satisfaction pulling of a successful tidy job with happy customers- that’s what swings it for me.
 
Top