Price hike

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Why would scandi mills start summer shutdowns in the current demand climate??
most big places have a maintenance schedule planned well in advance and usually timed around holiday periods to minimise production disruption with staff off

J

Jimoz

Who's old enough to remember July fortnight? It was massive here in Leicester to do with the hosiery

D

DaveDCB

Who's old enough to remember July fortnight? It was massive here in Leicester to do with the hosiery
Who remembers when builders used to have two weeks of at Easter and pretty much all building works stopped!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
miner's fortnight here ..... they all went off to hiyabutt bay, Porthcawl :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
J

Jimoz

Skeggy here. The glazers I use still do July fortnight. Nightmare when you need summat

diggerjones

diggerjones

The potteries fortnight is last week in july and first week in August

Q

Quarryop

Aggregates in NI runs about £14 ton for sand and stone, not sure about hard rock stone. some places £10-12 ton for cash last time i looked but im sure its up a bit with all the price hikes, Timber has tripled in price in a year and i have never seen so many log carriers on the roads in last few weeks. Looks like greed will get the better of the timber producers and the will flood the market hopefully and bring down the price. Heard of a guy a couple of weeks ago had originally planned to build his house with blocks but changed to timber frame for a cheaper build but with the shortage and volatility of wood price in since start of the year has went through the roof and he's switching back to blocks again. Its mad, I have to go looking for timber this week for a garden fence that needs replaced this week and never mind trying to find the materials I'm not looking forward to the price. Wish I hadn't put it off last year:(

Last edited:
D

DaveDCB

Who's told you that?
Owner of our local sawmills/timber supplier. Less than ideal isn’t it! Already had a 25% increase on it last month! It can’t be sustained something is going to blow soon and I don’t think the consequences will be pretty!!

C

Chase Building

Owner of our local sawmills/timber supplier. Less than ideal isn’t it! Already had a 25% increase on it last month! It can’t be sustained something is going to blow soon and I don’t think the consequences will be pretty!!
Americans on YouTube are saying it's hit it's peak and is on the way down but they're confident they won't see OSB for ten dollars a sheet again.

Summer shutdowns definitely won't help things short term either side of the Atlantic.

B

bobthebuilder

osb goes up 50% next week ,timber goes up 25 to 45 % ,just ordered 8 grands worth of timber for a job later in the year

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
We have seen a incredible slow down the past week - 10 days. Perhaps people have their kit.. phones dead