Plant Lego

S

Smiffy

Well-known member
If I want to play with machines that small I’ll. bring the K008 into the living room.

The first lock down my wife was out I sent her a picture of a micro going through an inside doorway that was blurry enough it could have been our house
With the caption told to work from home so brought some work home with me
She flipped I had phone call within seconds 🤣
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The first lock down my wife was out I sent her a picture of a micro going through an inside doorway that was blurry enough it could have been our house
With the caption told to work from home so brought some work home with me
She flipped I had phone call within seconds 🤣
I've had Josh's motor bike in the conservatory, down Pam's old house in the village, where Vicki lives now, many years ago :oops::ROFLMAO:

IMG_0758.jpg

dunno why it's on its side ... was the right way up when I loaded it ????


IMG_0759.jpg


was easier than trailering it into work ...... damned thing wouldn't start
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Don't see a problem with a motor bike in the house myself :LOL:

When I was younger my old man had a 6inch foster traction engine (he also had the full size one the castings where created from ) he was adamant it was to be displayed on a plinth in the dinning room, it never happened as my parents got divorced, not sure if that was a contributing factor
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Don't see a problem with a motor bike in the house myself :LOL:
neither did I ......
hostel i lived in, in Bristol, when I was in college there, regularly had a Bonneville an' a 650 Yammy twin sat in the middle of the TV/common room, getting fettled, if the weather was inclement .... did actually ride my 220 Minarelli Cotton trials in there one day .... took a while for the smoke to clear enough to watch the telly though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
When I was younger my old man had a 6inch foster traction engine (he also had the full size one the castings where created from ) he was adamant it was to be displayed on a plinth in the dinning room, it never happened as my parents got divorced, not sure if that was a contributing factor
PMSL ..... I'd like to put my Ransomes MG2 in a case on a plinth on the patio ..... apparently " 'tain't 'appenin' " :cry::cry: .... we'll see .... might get away with a bit more after all the bucks I've spent this year on sorting the wall ...... she is absolutely made up with it :giggle::giggle:
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
When I was younger my old man had a 6inch foster traction engine (he also had the full size one the castings where created from ) he was adamant it was to be displayed on a plinth in the dinning room, it never happened as my parents got divorced, not sure if that was a contributing factor
I don't suppose you`ve got any pic of either?
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I don't suppose you`ve got any pic of either?

Not of the 6 in but I think I have some of the full size one they are all real photos so will have to find them
My father has hundreds he rebuilt the full size engine by himself in a cattle shed riveted the boiler and fire box and even re ground the crankshaft on a lathe
Like wise he built the 6in from scratch as he was given the castings for letting the full sized one be used to produce the model patterns from
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Love that! Did you get the plans off a website? And just used your collection of bits?

No plans just knew what I wanted to build kept making it and disassembling until it was something like how I wanted it

And yes @Bucket on wheels almost identical but foster colours are green with red bands

This is it now with the current owner it must have been near 20 years ago he sold this and 5 since he sold the model

 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
No plans just knew what I wanted to build kept making it and disassembling until it was something like how I wanted it

And yes @Bucket on wheels almost identical but foster colours are green with red bands

This is it now with the current owner it must have been near 20 years ago he sold this and 5 since he sold the model


You related to Fred Dibner?
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
I've had Josh's motor bike in the conservatory, down Pam's old house in the village, where Vicki lives now, many years ago :oops::ROFLMAO:
was easier than trailering it into work ...... damned thing wouldn't start

When I was about 17, Mum came home early from town and caught me with my chainsaw stripped down on the draining board and Dad with his rotavator engine on the kitchen table. There was a lot of sparks and noise, but not from either engine.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
You related to Fred Dibner?

In all honesty my old man makes him look tame
He hates being looked down upon for lack of qualifications so whenever someone tells him he can't do something he does hence rebuilding the traction engine
Someone also told him he couldn't build his own clock so he has various grandfather clock mechanisms hung around his house ( no case or faces as the challenge was to build the mechanism ) and tower clock mechanism
Herefordshire planning department told him he couldn't build a clock tower hence you can now see a green timber framed clock tower on the side of the a44 heading into leominster
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
In all honesty my old man makes him look tame
He hates being looked down upon for lack of qualifications so whenever someone tells him he can't do something he does hence rebuilding the traction engine
Someone also told him he couldn't build his own clock so he has various grandfather clock mechanisms hung around his house ( no case or faces as the challenge was to build the mechanism ) and tower clock mechanism
Herefordshire planning department told him he couldn't build a clock tower hence you can now see a green timber framed clock tower on the side of the a44 heading into leominster

I like the sound of him.sounds nearly as awkward as Druid.
 
Gecko

Gecko

Well-known member
When I was about 17, Mum came home early from town and caught me with my chainsaw stripped down on the draining board and Dad with his rotavator engine on the kitchen table. There was a lot of sparks and noise, but not from either engine.
I sheared a half shaft on my 2A 109 and being lazy, I didn't want to strip the diff to clean it out.
I brought it into the kitchen and gave it the 'long cycle' in the "diff-washer". Magnificent!
 
Top