Plant Lego

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
I'm sure I'm not alone in a love of Lego. For some of you it may have been a very long time ago, others may have dabbled in recent years, and I'm sure there must be at least one AFOL here amongst ourselves (in addition to me!).

Lego are releasing a 6x6 Volvo Branded Articulated Haul Truck at the start of August. I've been watching the video on YouTube and think it looks bloody ace - especially with the new control+ stuff and the automatic transmission. I'm itching to add it to my collection!

Here's the video;

I've got a number of other sets still to build such as the Liebherr 9800 Excavator (42100) and the Rough Terrain Crane (42082), so if you guys are interested I'll share some photos when built, but I've also got a number of other models (as construction ones are my favorites, although I did buy a 4x4 off roader at the car boot at the weekend!) such as the Volvo Wheel Loader, Bulldozer, Land Rover Defender, Volvo Rubber Duck, Class Xerion tractor, a RC Excavator - the walls of my office are lined with them!
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I loved the stuff as a kid made a few recently 4 axled crane, recovery truck and a back hoe so stick them up for me at least 👍👍
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
ive made the Volvo duck and a little rigid dump truck but the scale is a bit off between the two I really like the look of that though a mate got a NASCAR in the Chinese imitation Lego and he said it's spot on and all the pieces fit proper Lego and feel like real lego
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Big fans here! Both my lads love it and yes we did the defender at Christmas.
20200102_210817-01.jpeg

My 7 years olds latest: love remaking from the online plans also!
20200721_215108.jpg

Have you done any from https://rebrickable.com/ ?

Deffo stick pics up!👍
 
Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
I've done a couple of rebrickables, notably I turned my partners Disney Castle into a Modular.

Here's the current collection of largely Technic, we've got a few more cabinets where the modulars and other bits live!

2020-07-21 22.28.30.jpg2020-07-21 22.28.35.jpg2020-07-21 22.28.37.jpg2020-07-21 22.28.42.jpg2020-07-21 22.28.48.jpg
 
Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
Used to have a lovely collection of Technic, all complete and still in their boxes with instructions.

Then I had kids :-(
No sense keeping em in their boxes! We go to shows and display all our stuff, and even let the kids play with them!

Had someone at one show come round and pop a load of "Please don't touch" triangles on my tables. I was quite annoyed and told them off. They're bloody toys, I said, they're meant to be played with!
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
I guess I was lucky in some respects to grow up in the 90's which was a big time for lego and technics had just been released so I have some of the early technics stuff, especially anything digger related. I then grew up a bit in the early 2000's and missed some cracking sets but have recently decided that I can do lego again as most of my friends know I am a digger nut anyway, so have bought some of the new Volvo kits. I like the look of that dumper - I wonder what the B model will be.
 
Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
I guess I was lucky in some respects to grow up in the 90's which was a big time for lego and technics had just been released so I have some of the early technics stuff, especially anything digger related. I then grew up a bit in the early 2000's and missed some cracking sets but have recently decided that I can do lego again as most of my friends know I am a digger nut anyway, so have bought some of the new Volvo kits. I like the look of that dumper - I wonder what the B model will be.
Sadly B models are no more. But there are guys making their own MOC's from the parts to provide B models - I've seen a fantastic looking skid steer style loader made from the Liebherr R9800 (42100) model.

 
Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
I got the Volvo A60H dump truck :) and with the next few days off I'll hopefully get round to building it too!
 
Top