Planned 2022 Purchases

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
But tbf we focus on the ones that popped ...but you can't knock transporters for residual...utterly bonkers atm...
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
But tbf we focus on the ones that popped ...but you can't knock transporters for residual...utterly bonkers atm...
No you can't at all. Bil is a ford man end of. I give him far too much stick therefore cannot own a ford. But when we were looking over the transporter van i bought earlier in the year even he had to admit at the price i paid i can't fail with it.
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
No you can't at all. Bil is a ford man end of. I give him far too much stick therefore cannot own a ford. But when we were looking over the transporter van i bought earlier in the year even he had to admit at the price i paid i can't fail with it.
I'm in same boat 😂...no way I could ever own a ford...spent my life winding up ford fondlers
Other thing is it's not just a bubble they have been good residual for ages and no sign of that stopping. Dealer was tearing his hair out . 3 secondhand in stock that was it...12 months plus on new
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
I'm in same boat 😂...no way I could ever own a ford...spent my life winding up ford fondlers
Other thing is it's not just a bubble they have been good residual for ages and no sign of that stopping. Dealer was tearing his hair out . 3 secondhand in stock that was it...12 months plus on new
Bil bought a 2017 transit sport just after i got my vw. Now its a lot bigger spec than my trendline vw but the build quality just isn't there and vw are not what they were imho.
 
F

fred

Well-known member
My purchase seems a bit lame with all this pick up talk
Got thisView attachment 30922
Well pleased with it for cutting cable and the like (I don’t do concrete😂)

great bit of kit, we use ours daily on site. Also have the flexvolt alligator for cutting blocks.

Dewalt have new battery tech just out, they are using flat cells which makes the pack smaller with more power but they wont fit inside some flexvolt tools like this saw..
 
F

fred

Well-known member
I'm in same boat 😂...no way I could ever own a ford...spent my life winding up ford fondlers
Other thing is it's not just a bubble they have been good residual for ages and no sign of that stopping. Dealer was tearing his hair out . 3 secondhand in stock that was it...12 months plus on new

the new VW multivan is open for pre-orders. As its plug in hybrid you can put the lot through the books, claim the VAT, etc still has a low BIK as well.

30 miles on leccy and then its 1.5L unleaded.

My thinking is this gets us into the electric world while still having petrol for long trips while the charging infrastructure is rolled out over the coming years.

By then it will be depreciated down to a pittance on the books, i buy it from the firm for a toffee apple and flog it to a VW van drooler for 5 tonner tokens which i then sell back to the firm for 10 tonner tokens.....
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
Had my fair share of Vw’s and vans, currently got a 2015 Transporter. I suspect i could sell it tomorrow for not far off what I paid 3 years ago! Trouble is to replace with similar new is silly money that I just couldn’t justify!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Had my fair share of Vw’s and vans, currently got a 2015 Transporter. I suspect i could sell it tomorrow for not far off what I paid 3 years ago! Trouble is to replace with similar new is silly money that I just couldn’t justify!
I suspect there are a hell of a lot of folk on here in the same boat Matt, combined with the 'WTF do you buy?' situation too :(
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
Surely anyone contracting does this?
Co1 owns plant,hires to Co2 contracting firm,any issues,plant / assets are safe,also use as individual profit centres,end of year cash surplus,'passed' back n forth
Very much along those lines. We hold property in a separate company which historically belongs to my and a long term partner. Contracting and plant is now in my separate Co owned by me. I will have a separate property Co for my own development work when funds allow!!
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
The more i look into this the more im liking it.
Had a look in the landrover garage yesterday at 90 commercial, nice would want a 110 and looking at the development of the grenadier it's being designed to work and last
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
Surely anyone contracting does this?
Co1 owns plant,hires to Co2 contracting firm,any issues,plant / assets are safe,also use as individual profit centres,end of year cash surplus,'passed' back n forth
Think I need some advice 🙄
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Very much along those lines. We hold property in a separate company which historically belongs to my and a long term partner. Contracting and plant is now in my separate Co owned by me. I will have a separate property Co for my own development work when funds allow!!
A LTD company cannot own mortgaged residential BTL unless set up as a 'special purpose vehicle'. So this will be why you have a seprate company for that.

Surely anyone contracting does this?
Co1 owns plant,hires to Co2 contracting firm,any issues,plant / assets are safe,also use as individual profit centres,end of year cash surplus,'passed' back n forth


As regards Company 1 hiring to Company 2- it's something I've considered. However as the director of both you'd be liable to be sued personally should something dodgy you do cause one company to fail. Usually this would be pointless, as bankrupt company = no assets to sieze. However, if it's obvious that you have the assets in another company, some might be tempted. I still might do it.

I don't see what you mean by individual profit centres/passing cash back and forth. If you take profits out of a LTD company, you pay tax on it. Simple as that, unless you are rich enough to afford a scheme in the Bahamas. Even then, it's not ended well for many high profile cases, with HMRC changing the law and prosecuting retrospectively.
 
F

fred

Well-known member
A LTD company cannot own mortgaged residential BTL unless set up as a 'special purpose vehicle'. So this will be why you have a seprate company for that.




As regards Company 1 hiring to Company 2- it's something I've considered. However as the director of both you'd be liable to be sued personally should something dodgy you do cause one company to fail. Usually this would be pointless, as bankrupt company = no assets to sieze. However, if it's obvious that you have the assets in another company, some might be tempted. I still might do it.

I don't see what you mean by individual profit centres/passing cash back and forth. If you take profits out of a LTD company, you pay tax on it. Simple as that, unless you are rich enough to afford a scheme in the Bahamas. Even then, it's not ended well for many high profile cases, with HMRC changing the law and prosecuting retrospectively.

ltd comp can own BTL no problem, not sure where you got that from.

Need to understand the difference between director and shareholder.
 
Top