photos

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

82440191_10156587536311993_9117680339173507072_n.jpg
82119977_10156587536511993_5167633109276950528_o.jpg

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

What I'm wondering about is how the hell are you going to fit this W under that bonnet
gonna want a W shaped lump under the bonnet though :giggle::giggle:

What I'm wondering about is how the h*ll are you going to fit this W lump under that bonnet

1927-Model-T-with-two-V8-engines-02.jpg

Last edited:
Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Finally here the grinderphone

Screenshot_20200119-194308_Opera.jpg

Last edited:
Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Ten tractor units carried over 1000 tonnes
Most special transport companies have heard of the special transport company Mammoet. Here, the Dutch company, with branches in several countries, is running 108 miles in "ten teams".

The picture below is from a spectacular transport in Saudi Arabia in 2014. The mammoth was hired to carry a 1048 ton reactor for Samsung from Damman to a petrochemical plant in Shaybah. A stretch of 108 miles, where desert with scorching sun was a pervasive theme.

The reactor was transported on two hydraulic modules, towed and pushed by ten Mercedes-Benz Actros SLTs.

Hills of up to eight percent and low power lines required many horsepower and good extra good organization. In the uphill slopes, six trucks pulled in the front while four pushed in the rear. In the downhill there were four in the front and six in the back. The hydraulic leveling was constantly adjusted to have the best weight distribution on the load.

And when it comes to logistics:

The transport team had to be self-sufficient for much of the journey. 50 miles went in the wilderness, so you had to bring all the cars, equipment and crew needed for several weeks. It naturally included enough food, water, fuel and a workshop.

When the load was delivered, it was only possible to turn around and do the same thing again with the next heavy load that was going the same way

Mammoet Saudi-Arabia Samsung 2014 Foto Mammoet.1960x1103.jpg

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

If you see the beach, the sea, the sky,
the stones, stars, then you are an artist
Screenshot_20200208-091817_Gallery.jpg

For this is the lower part of a car in need of repair

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
that second pic really puts the size of that machine into perspective ... a beast of a thing (y):cool::giggle:

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Why bother with ramps
You don't need them, but it puts a lot of point stresses on the truck in places that were not necessarily made to take the full load. I loaded mine on a flat bed one time when the plant lorry I have contracted to move it broke on the job before and I really needed to move. Very easy to do, but the lorry sawayed and creaked a fair bit as the weight went on the arse end then I swung round to pick the other end up.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
You don't need them, but it puts a lot of point stresses on the truck in places that were not necessarily made to take the full load. I loaded mine on a flat bed one time when the plant lorry I have contracted to move it broke on the job before and I really needed to move. Very easy to do, but the lorry sawayed and creaked a fair bit as the weight went on the arse end then I swung round to pick the other end up.
can imagine ... they ain't designed for point loading