Phone line

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
I wouldn't worry to much about static IP these days, some of the newer NVRs can run without them via their APPs to view etc. HIK are brilliant IMO.

Would watch out though using 4G for CCTV if you are using web based cameras rather than NVR (local recording) as they can use loads of data...like 40gb a month easily for a couple of cameras.
Most 4G packages sting you if you go over your allowance..big time.

Personally if you've got as far as getting a line in I'd get broadband put in, less hassle and more reliable then 4G, what you don't hear much about is that 4G is heavily contended, in Builtup up areas it can vary speed wise massively at times if day..like lunch times etc when everyone has a brew and checks their phone. Rural not so much. But do remember that you may be relying on one mast only...if it goes you are stuffed or at best loose coverage . Only my experience of late I'm no expert.

Flip side is 4G or indeed 5G is improving massively...so rural folk like us have seen big improvements....
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
I wouldn't worry to much about static IP these days, some of the newer NVRs can run without them via their APPs to view etc. HIK are

That's the P2P protocol I was on about. Just somehting to be aware of, don't go buying a camera and expecting it will work on 4g without checking.
 
Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Well-known member
After strong abstinences,:eek: I got the network back after being out of network for 3 hours this morning while the technician switched from Mobile Broadband at 45 mbps download and 30 mbps upload to fiber network at 190.9 mbps :p:love: download and 176.2 mbps upload.
I Lived for several years at my previous apartment with about 1.3 mbps download. That was so unstable that I could not give a promise that I would be abl to respond to a email faster than with in one week. So I do know how it is to be netless or close to netless

Screenshot_20201201-131920_Opera.jpg
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
to be fair it was in the middle of b&q and not everybody is on the network yet but jeez its unreal what can be done. Digging the roads for phones and net will be a thing of the past if they can push enough data about
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
you boys're taking the p*ss now ...... :(:censored::censored::censored:o_O
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
I know...last night she was watching something on her phone (10mb WiFi) so I had to switch to 4G ....1 bar if lucky...doing my head in.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
" Under the Universal Service Obligation, the company (openreach)is required to act on requests to provide high-speed internet to properties with download speeds of less than 10Mbit/s. "

this is a very interesting article .... " Applicants are only required to contribute to the cost of installation if it exceeds £3,400. "
 
Top