Painting / Touching Up Plant

Furniss

Furniss

Paintwork is so bad on most new kit that although unless your happy to have your equipment looking terrible then there is little choice, no matter how well you look after it the paint drops of in sheets 😡
Our old Benford dumper is 2002 and apart from being faded it still has most of its original paint intact 🤷‍♂️

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Yes here’s a 2002 original paint Terex benford

3E6E2BBC-D8FF-4437-B261-88D1F0F296B5.jpeg

Furniss

Furniss

Not perfect Ross but I dont think a new one will look as tidy at 18 years old :unsure:

Last edited:
Bob

Bob

My son was inbetween jobs and wanted something to do so he cut out all rust out of cab and weld new steel in so we could hold glass in When resrayed we used a 2 part primer undercoat must use good mask for the primer
as its a bit dodgy then used cat colour paint for finish

Attachments

• DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC00022.jpg
    DSC00022.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC00040.jpg
    DSC00040.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 2014-06-04 09.53.51.jpg
    2014-06-04 09.53.51.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 109
Mark

Mark

We touch up the paint work on back ballasts and side skirts all the time keeps them looking fresh for going to new sites.

JimboCX

JimboCX

We have some stuff in the yard that is good, il check if it still has a label tomorrow when I'm back in the yard. Its not bad on paint (but I wouldn't put it on your car)
Blitz. Poured a lot of concrete with my digger in the past few months. It was splattered with concrete big time. It was a mess. I ordered a jar of blitz off the internet and it done the job perfect.
EEC0AD82-6C67-4416-B7B9-E4E060C615E2.jpeg
0D551F78-DCFA-43E2-B810-7599FEB375A5.jpeg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
My son was inbetween jobs and wanted something to do so he cut out all rust out of cab and weld new steel in so we could hold glass in When resrayed we used a 2 part primer undercoat must use good mask for the primer
as its a bit dodgy then used cat colour paint for finish
lovely job Boyo :cool:

R

rossandson

Going to bring this up again. Anyone recommend any particular paint or supplier. I just want to smarten few things up, ideally JCB Yellow or as close as. Prob be a roller/paintbrush job in all honesty so something that won’t be too tricky to apply.

Thanks.

Bob

Bob

Going to bring this up again. Anyone recommend any particular paint or supplier. I just want to smarten few things up, ideally JCB Yellow or as close as. Prob be a roller/paintbrush job in all honesty so something that won’t be too tricky to apply.

Thanks.
Have you got an account with any motor factors ask them what make they supply and a price

D

DaveDCB

Not for me, did it on my first 3cx then I learnt not to scratch them anymore.. lifting 8ft long slabs of tarmac footpath into 8wheel wagons required much boom and dipper scraping! 😬