OOPS

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Depends if you can get close enough with a big enough machine to lift the parts. I suspect not.

GazCro

GazCro

Heard land owner wants 30-40k to allow temporary track built on his land to allow recovery of machine as road won’t take weight of a crane 🤷‍♂️
If Road won't take weight of a crane big enough to lift it why not use two. Don't need to be as big and weight be spread over a lot bigger area. One thing i do know there's an outfit near me with cranes and if that was their machine it would have been out and gone same day it went in.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
If Road won't take weight of a crane big enough to lift it why not use two. Don't need to be as big and weight be spread over a lot bigger area. One thing i do know there's an outfit near me with cranes and if that was their machine it would have been out and gone same day it went in.
Yep, don't understand why it's still there, there might be posturing between the machine owner and the hauler that dropped it there.

doobin

doobin

Depends if you can get close enough with a big enough machine to lift the parts. I suspect not.
Surely you could lift all those component parts with a decent hiab under two way lights? If it needs cutting that small then you're looking at a lot of ground contamination.

pettsy

pettsy

Last post I saw seemed to imply that the haulier had washed his hands of it. I mean, they got their truck out and left the machine 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pedrod355

Pedrod355

Last post I saw seemed to imply that the haulier had washed his hands of it. I mean, they got their truck out and left the machine 🤷🏻‍♂️Cant mind exactly but think owner has washed his hand of it, presume insurance pay’d out or something along those lines, it was a 3rd party that was hauling the machine

Pedrod355

Pedrod355

Road was apparently made on top of timber back in the day as it is all peat, maybe no one wanting to take liability for road & this fibre optic carry on

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
A few 50t bottle Jacks, @Mogman some timber baulks and bogmats and we could have a nice forum day out :unsure:

Think i'd locate the "critical infrastructure" each side of the machine, then timber and jack it up level with cribbing before getting bogmats under her and out. amazing what a bottle jack will achieve.

sandy2210

sandy2210

passed there to-night and the forest fence is about 7 meters from the road BUT looks like a "new" fence been put up just a meter from the road from the back of the digger not sure how far as it was dark I will get a better look on thursday

Pedrod355

Pedrod355

A few 50t bottle Jacks, @Mogman some timber baulks and bogmats and we could have a nice forum day out :unsure:

Think i'd locate the "critical infrastructure" each side of the machine, then timber and jack it up level with cribbing before getting bogmats under her and out. amazing what a bottle jack will achieve.
Exactly, none of it rings true.. if it was my machine i would be there with a shovel 🤣

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Bottle jack's n sleepers 👌 I'm in👍

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I bet if you got a couple Mats under the roadside track and sat a wrecker on the road attached to trackframe under tension you could spark the digger up and get it slewed round to sit the bucket on the bank.... Jack the machine up.... Mats and away.

Biggest concern would be fibers location.... but if you trial pitted each side you could make the decision there and then..... minimal weight going on the fiber unless you sat the bucket on it or it's already under the machine.

wee_gus

wee_gus

I bet if you got a couple Mats under the roadside track and sat a wrecker on the road attached to trackframe under tension you could spark the digger up and get it slewed round to sit the bucket on the bank.... Jack the machine up.... Mats and away.

Biggest concern would be fibers location.... but if you trial pitted each side you could make the decision there and then..... minimal weight going on the fiber unless you sat the bucket on it or it's already under the machine.
All the engine oil is in top end according to liebherr fitter, and haulier washed his hands of it! It’s in the hands of my nsurance

pettsy

pettsy

The machine owner was on the old girls of plant hire fb group, but it seems to have disappeared?

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Seen the a little bit about it on tiktok, and it appears to be a stand off between the haulier and the digger owner. The owner is expecting the hauler to pay for the recovery. Might be costly recovery, transatlantic communication line, week road and troublesome land owner. I suspect it will end up in court when they open ☹️