OOPS

Q

Quarryop

yep Gorse is the same but used to describe a wide variety of wild bushes including heather. fire brigade is the only one ive heard describing mountain heather and whins among other bushes as gorse when its alight

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

https://www.vgtv.no/205685?jwsource=cl

Screenshot_20210122-135401_Opera.jpg

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

IIRC it's sat on top of some critical infrastructure.

I would expect it to wind up being chopped up and lifted off in small chunks.
Must be pretty critical?
Surely big clean lift in one go be less hassle/disturbance?
But be interested to know full story.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
not a lot of room there to set up for a lift .... and I for one would not want to take it on ..... slinging that to pick it level straight off, without imposing additional loading anywhere would be some task and **** knows exactly where that gert fibre cable is sat under the thing ...... massive liabiity

think I have said before somewhere ...once went out with a 30t Grove to a truck on its side, locally on a roundybout ... get there and the place is crawling with bodies ... mostly telecom ....... on the side of the road, right by the truck, is some junction box for a main line fibre cable ...... with a million quid an hour liability for down time/damage. attitude was -- " you show me where i can set up/put me legs, other wise you can drive it your selves ... I am not accepting any liabilities "

Last edited:
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I thought one of the good things about fibre is it can be joined easily 🤨 a fair bit of money sat in that machine for it not to be recovered.
Maybe the insurance has already paid out on it 🤔

V8Druid

V8Druid

I thought one of the good things about fibre is it can be joined easily 🤨 a fair bit of money sat in that machine for it not to be recovered.
Maybe the insurance has already paid out on it 🤔
dunno Mike .... and i was talking 20, maybe 30 years ago .... they were all wetting 'emselves that it didn't get damaged on their shift ...... can't imagine a big bundle of fibres is gonna be an easy proposition to fix and any splice is almost certainly going to be two joints, unless you'm very lucky

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Yeah. If it's so critical why would they put it in a ditch at the side of the road. Must be more to it than that 🙂

V8Druid

V8Druid

Yeah. If it's so critical why would they put it in a ditch at the side of the road. Must be more to it than that 🙂
the one I was talking about was in a verge, roadside Mike ..... even with it's liabilities they still buried it 5 ft from a kerb on the main A40 trunk road, a couple of feet down !!!!!!!

GazCro

GazCro

Fibre when first used was either v difficult or nigh on impossible to repair. I think now it's a lot easier but it might depend on the age of it or possibly size.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

That's what I'm thinking..must be a tale behind this.
But then again we've just had go ahead from insurance on poxy lil 3k claim that was started 3rd Dec! So goodness knows how long this will take.. "covid mate"🤬

Left hooker

Left hooker