OOPS

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Wasn't closed for cutting verges was it?
no Gaz .. it gets closed almost every other weekend .... been dual-ing it for 4 years ... contractors have their own dedicated FB page to inform the locals of when it's usable and when it's shut ... I'd not even thought about it, talking to Daz - was Pam that said it was shut ... and sure enough, when I looked it was, so messaged Daz ... with the news and the link to the FB page ... but he was snoring by then, for a 6 am departure from Alleley's yard :rolleyes:

J

Jimoz

Apparently a mate of a mate

Attachments

• IMG-20210630-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210630-WA0005.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 219
Left hooker

Left hooker

Top nut failed probably from a constant full power to the top to bang out last bits or when on turn around in and out fast multiple loads a day whack it up and drive off spinning

S

Smiffy

Top nut failed probably from a constant full power to the top to bang out last bits or when on turn around in and out fast multiple loads a day whack it up and drive off spinning

There is no material on the floor behind the back axles
So either forgotten to open tailgate or where intending to chute it and tipped to high for weight of gear in the back

Left hooker

Left hooker

There is no material on the floor behind the back axles
So either forgotten to open tailgate or where intending to chute it and tipped to high for weight of gear in the back
Front of Lorry would be in air if it if tail was shut as nut at top of ram would hold it
This is from driver abuse over long time sending it up to top hard

craig

craig

There`s barrows on the pavement, likely to have been a hand lay job as you said.
Hope there was no one standing at the on the shoots.

Left hooker

Left hooker

Been out with a Jake to clear up a freshly paved road where this had happened to a 18t lorry dent in rear of cab ment it had happened more than once
Road had to be patched where it happend tailgate was flat on the floor and rear tyres off the ground

S

Smiffy

Front of Lorry would be in air if it if tail was shut as nut at top of ram would hold it
This is from driver abuse over long time sending it up to top hard

The body should never be tipped high enough with that much of a load in it to over center the body and put strain on the top nut
Yes I agree driver abuse but I have had a driver on tar put the body all the way up as this happens
They always raise the body until you can hear the load shift then drop it slightly and not raise it until the chutes are empty
Plus you can never strain the nut at the top by sending it up to hard
Only by reverse and slam breaks on or by leaving tailgate closed and tipping to high
In theory with a decent driver the top nut shouldn't have be there as should never take any load as the body's always have weight forwards, they are single acting rams so if banging them to the end of there travel alone was to damage them then the body would be weighted in the wrong direction to self lower.

Left hooker

Left hooker

The body should never be tipped high enough with that much of a load in it to over center the body and put strain on the top nut
Yes I agree driver abuse but I have had a driver on tar put the body all the way up as this happens
They always raise the body until you can hear the load shift then drop it slightly and not raise it until the chutes are empty
Plus you can never strain the nut at the top by sending it up to hard
Only by reverse and slam breaks on or by leaving tailgate closed and tipping to high
In theory with a decent driver the top nut shouldn't have be there as should never take any load as the body's always have weight forwards, they are single acting rams so if banging them to the end of there travel alone was to damage them then the body would be weighted in the wrong direction to self lower.
I've had ours stay up in air with muck stuck at top
Firing it up fast and topping out with weight on very end of the body will make the body want to carry on as momentum keeps it going due to the rear hinge pins are never right on the end they are normally a good foot to 18 inch in from the back end and if driver constantly does this then the nut/threads/stub sheers off
If the nut and everything is good condition you end up pulling epic Wheelys if tail isn't open

S

Smiffy

I've had ours stay up in air with muck stuck at top
Firing it up fast and topping out with weight on very end of the body will make the body want to carry on as momentum keeps it going due to the rear hinge pins are never right on the end they are normally a good foot to 18 inch in from the back end and if driver constantly does this then the nut/threads/stub sheers off
If the nut and everything is good condition you end up pulling epic Wheelys if tail isn't open

I've never driven one that would go up that fast tbh, but also that should only be a problem on muck lorry's, I can't remember ever having a problem with tar stuck up the front of insulated wagons.
Maybe a few shovel fulls round rear door on a slow day but it's never productive to shunt the lorry back and forth to get it out always better of with a scraper and pot of release agent

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
He's sent me cctv but won't upload
have to load to youtube then add a link here to the tube video ... forum can't handle vid.s direct into it :( files are too big Jim

Left hooker

Left hooker

I've never driven one that would go up that fast tbh, but also that should only be a problem on muck lorry's, I can't remember ever having a problem with tar stuck up the front of insulated wagons.
Maybe a few shovel fulls round rear door on a slow day but it's never productive to shunt the lorry back and forth to get it out always better of with a scraper and pot of release agent
Not so much the speed as the shock each time sending it up as fast as it will go