New VW Amarok

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
I’ve just priced one up…..£6800 plus shipping? That right 🥵
Let's just say I didn't pay that ..
Never said it was cheap.
But trust me I've had all the other stuff over the years...Pegasus,roll covers etc.
This is a totally different kettle of fish.

Ultimately I paid the price and love it...and everyone who's seen it agrees ...
But I guess some folk buy mecalecs and some don't 😆

To be it's the "working end" of the truck and if you spent £50k 😳😳on the rest what this in comparison?
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Just worked out MPG properly for last tank.
Shite weather, some towing and a decent motorway run. Just shy of 24mpg. Didn't think that to bad considering I run BFGs
Makes you wonder, that how all the new generations over the years have meant to become more "greener" yet when worked the improvements are minimal or zero.

To be fair the new vehicles look smart, not too sure on the V6 models but apparently the 2.0 from the previous facelift and the new gens with the wet belts are ticking time bombs. Apparently something to do with sealant around a tensioner, as usual ford are recalling certain models insure if ranger included though
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Makes you wonder, that how all the new generations over the years have meant to become more "greener" yet when worked the improvements are minimal or zero.

To be fair the new vehicles look smart, not too sure on the V6 models but apparently the 2.0 from the previous facelift and the new gens with the wet belts are ticking time bombs. Apparently something to do with sealant around a tensioner, as usual ford are recalling certain models insure if ranger included though
I know of one new V6 that's gone pop already...new engine 😳 wtf can they not get vehicles right FFS 🤬
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Been looking at backs for the ranger, does the amarok have the same issue if having to fit J plates to the tub if you want to fit a roller or canopy?
Interesting question...I will hopefully know more shortly....currently getting no where with VW CS ATM....their stance is you can't fit a canopy !!
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Interesting question...I will hopefully know more shortly....currently getting no where with VW CS ATM....their stance is you can't fit a canopy !!
Found it last night after wandering about the question
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
I have! Hence my wrangling on the topic.
A fair few discussions under way I will report back in due course...current feeling is someone somewhere has fked up big style.
Assuming you fitted the canopy yourself, should just be a case of adding the J braces, apparently they reduce the flex when offroading
 
Top