New van prices

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

Just been looking online at price lists for new vans. Is the list price realistic or is there a big dealer discount to be had?

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Ford list used to be a joke. I guess it still is. VW used to be hard to get a decent discount. What are you looking for?

Gunners

Gunners

Nissan are giving £7k off the list on a new Navara so I'd say there are deals to be had but probably not for the most popular vans

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

Ford list used to be a joke. I guess it still is. VW used to be hard to get a decent discount. What are you looking for?
Looking for something that will tow 3.5tonne so options are limited. I’m currently running a transit custom but it’s constantly on the limits of legality. Looking at price lists the VW Crafter, Mercedes Sprinter and Transit were all about the same.

M

Monkeybusiness

You are most likely to get big discounts off pre-registered, either within the dealer networks or more often from online multi-brand van retailers. They seem to buy/sell fleets of vans in bulk - there doesn’t tend to be much further negotiation available but it smashes list prices to pieces. Unless you want a special order (specific trim/colour etc) - if so then you’ll have to pay for the privilege!

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
We used to buy vans locally but gave up as they were getting a bit take what we have and that's it. The last van we bought was from imperial commercials in Grimsby, time before was peoples in Liverpool. All been fine thus far. My old tranny I got new in 2011 is beginning to show her age now and think she'll need changed next year. So would like to know what you go for and how you get on with it.

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

We used to buy vans locally but gave up as they were getting a bit take what we have and that's it. The last van we bought was from imperial commercials in Grimsby, time before was peoples in Liverpool. All been fine thus far. My old tranny I got new in 2011 is beginning to show her age now and think she'll need changed next year. So would like to know what you go for and how you get on with it.
Just looking at the moment, will probably wait until spring to change. I do like my custom but it’s just not man enough for what I’m doing now.

K

Komatsu

Nissan are giving £7k off the list on a new Navara so I'd say there are deals to be had but probably not for the most popular vans
Ford are knocking serious money of vans as well, was going to swap custom for a Navara, but having second thought now, think it might be down to new upgrade due out?...also end of month is a good time to buy as they’ll do a lot to get the figures in.

diggerjones

diggerjones

Also scrage scheme. Im looking into having a new car or second hand. Think there's some good deals about

B

Brendan

There is only two transits that will tow 3.5t in a specific hd trim some like like biggest hp engine and longest wheelbase.
Iveco do a 35 setup that has 7t gtw and 3.4t tow
There is a few pickups that will do 3.5t tow if you don't need the the cargo space of a van although all bar the the musso have 6t gtw so can't carry much at tow capacity although can get a gtw upgrade done. L200 probably the weakest of the 3.5t pickups as can only do this with a triaxle trailer otherwise it's 3.1ish with a twin axle

pettsy

pettsy

Think both the sprinter and crafter can be ordered with 3.5t towing capacity.

CPS

CPS

Think both the sprinter and crafter can be ordered with 3.5t towing capacity.
The MAN Van's are 3.5 ton as standard also. Pretty sure the transits can now be ordered as 3.5 to towing

pettsy

pettsy

The MAN Van's are 3.5 ton as standard also. Pretty sure the transits can now be ordered as 3.5 to towing

Has to be the rwd 3.5t gvw to get 3.5t towing. Not sure on transit models.

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

There’s a couple of transit models that will tow 3.5t but I could only see one with a 7t gtw, the others were 6t gtw which means the van would have to be pretty much empty. I’ve looked at VW and Mercedes and they both have similar limited options.

F

fred

The van weights really mood looking at its pathetic how much a pickup can carry legally. Once they go electric and have a ton of batteries they will have a negative payload.

hiluxman

hiluxman

The van weights really mood looking at its pathetic how much a pickup can carry legally. Once they go electric and have a ton of batteries they will have a negative payload.
The dvla was on about upping your car licence to 4.25t when electric vans and trucks are more common place as it then still gives you a payload.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
It looks like your only option is to preorder the new defender @Jimbo69 let us know how you get on with it (y)

B

Brendan

It looks like your only option is to preorder the new defender @Jimbo69 let us know how you get on with it (y)
Don't think the commercial is available yet but with the standard 90 starting at 40k I would imagine it will alienate majority of their marketplace turning it from a utility vehicle to a posh mummy truck. You could buy the discovery sport and have a 10k saving.