New van prices

6feetdown

I’m just looking into this now.. pick-up(Hilux) Defender 90, or a 4wd van, but they all obviously need to tow 3500kg! List price of a 4wd transit is £60k!!!!
I looked at 4x4 transit last year im sure they were about 40k at time☹

D

DaveDCB

Recommended Promotional Price

£59,099.80 *

inc. VAT

Recommended Promotional Price £48,424 ‡ exc. VAT

No extras on that!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Jeeeeezus H .... it's only a van FFS ..... could probably build a LR / D1 disco from parts for that :oops::oops:

Furniss

Furniss

A mate in uk just getting shut of his hilux (2 years old) has had hiluxes since 90's and says they been getting worse every year (prob say that about any make ) anyhow he really doesn't like the one he's got now so has gone ranger.
Apparantly he paid 17.5k new 2 years ago and has got 22.5k on one of these we buy anything places.
See how he likes his ranger

Furniss

Furniss

Quick aside with daft prices ... whats my old tt126 ifor worth ?
Bit scruffy but floor ok - brakes redone.
Ladder rack and ramps - elec and hyd tip.
Standard spec seems to start at £6k

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

AB87976E-F8DA-4260-B24E-5BE8A0F21CAA.png

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Ladder rack and ramps - elec and hyd tip.
Standard spec seems to start at £6k
Hopefully pretty near what you paid for it.
I ordered two new Bateson tiltbed trailers in September. They tell I should have them start of May, so I'll be selling both the used ones. I'm hoping there will not be too much difference, so by ordering and waiting I'll get new trailers reasonably cheaply. I do a lot of miles so like to swap my trailers out reguarly so they have plenty of life left in them and hence reasonable second hand value.

B

Brendan

I have this setup from Hardtops UK. Very nice hardtop, fits perfectly. It just clamps on, so I was able to remove it from my last ranger and put it on my new one without leaving any damage.
The security boxes make it extra secure. In hindsight I wouldn't have bothered with the slide tray as the boxes raise stuff up enough that I can reach it from outside without sliding the tray out.
There wasn't the option of central locking integration when I bought mine, but speaking to someone who has it he says it is worth every penny. No worry about have you gone round and locked all three locks every time you close it and although he didn't mention it obviously no problems with ice or muck in the key holes.

View attachment 32816
Are they pull handles or twist?

B

Brendan

Pickups are wank as a van imo, unfortunately there aint much choice of 4wd vans that can tow 3.5 ton. Whatever you do for any cover, top, canopy or whatever on the back of a pickup they don't suit our climate.
There is quite a few now that will tow 3.5t bit the problem is they are near enough all the largest versions. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a panel Van or even go back to a tipper but space is tight for the ranger let alone something longer and higher

S

Smiffy

There is quite a few now that will tow 3.5t bit the problem is they are near enough all the largest versions. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a panel Van or even go back to a tipper but space is tight for the ranger let alone something longer and higher

What about a grafter they tow 3.5t and are much more compact than a transit or a sprinter.
Would just need a decent toolbox.
They do twin cab versions but don't look to hold what a transit twin cab would

6feetdown

What about a grafter they tow 3.5t and are much more compact than a transit or a sprinter.
Would just need a decent toolbox.
They do twin cab versions but don't look to hold what a transit twin cab would
Sure when I was looking grafters were around 2.8 but not definite