New u10

doobin

doobin

I do mean auto step down track motors, and I have to disagree Doobin, the 2020 E19 I drove didn’t have that. In fact, spragging power was poor on it and even in low speed it didn’t like turning on grass much. Not so noticeable on the dirt. If I remember, you were waiting for yours which supposedly had an update for better tracking as it was a known issue? Maybe the very latest ones are all better and have the step down motors. It’s a nifty little feature if they do.

Regarding my comment on 1.5t digging power. I guess I still think of a 1.5 as an old 1.5 rather than the modern ones which are nearly 2t! You get what I mean though, there’s 2 classes of micro now really and the bigger ones are encroaching on what used to be a 1.5.

And you have a point Doobin on the quick hitch geometry being a cause for poor load over height. I think the smaller machines suffer more than the big ones in this regard.

....It was better in my day, when a 1.5 was a 1.5, no quick hitches or Netflix in the cab*grumbles*
Auto step down tracking is the ‘comfort’ option if I recall correctly. Also gives you proportional aux on a joystick roller, boom swing on another roller and a better seat for £700 I think.

Bri963

Bri963

I don’t doubt it- in fact I think if you master a micro- the rest is easy.
Definitely. Some of the awkwardest jobs I’ve done have been on machines under five tonnes. Or backhoes.

Last edited:
hiluxman

hiluxman

Curious here, what do you mean snap in half? nothing that size is built for abuse, there isn’t enough metal in them, whatever make they are.

K008 is 700mm tracks in, or 860 out. The U10-5 and K008-5 have the same engine and power, but the U10 is about 250 kg more. That bit of weight can make a lot of difference when you’re tracking over old slabs or paths. They still haven’t put two speed tracking on the K008. I don’t doubt there are faster machines the same size, but when I go out weekend warrior-ing I charge by the day, not by the cube.

I have to say, I have never been on a JCB I didn’t like from the driver’s seat, (apart from those damn-awful 112 loaders) and if I ever update I’ll be trying a 8008 for fit.
As in top bit no longer attached to bottom bit🤣🤣🤣. It had done circa 6k hours tho before it went to digger heaven

Bri963

Bri963

As in top bit no longer attached to bottom bit🤣🤣🤣. It had done circa 6k hours tho before it went to digger heaven
I call that a win, the slew ring on mine was knackered at under 4000 hours. It was a gnats off the parting of the ways when I changed it last year. I think I lost four inches of digging depth after I changed the ring.

S

Steve Trott

Got to agree with the two class of micros view as that’s how i see it too.

as you say every mm counts hence why I have a yanmar SV08 and also a VIO12 which has the servos.
414066B9-5774-4959-BA3D-A83C1CCE2137.jpeg

B

Brendan

To be fair yanmar also make a sv05 which is a bit smaller than the 08