V8Druid
do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Quod erat demonstrandum ....... or put another way ... I f***ing told you soEvery time I end up working in a new build it's always the same. Shitty clay in the back garden, usually under 2" of topsoil and a foot of building waste. Drainage non existant. I'm always amazed how s**t they are, followed by amazed how much idiots pay for them.
Last job was a corker. Nice guy, was apparently an architect and lectured in BIM at the local uni. You'd think he'd have known better. Terrible drainage issues in his back garden, so he wanted me to put a pond in. That'll sort it...Reckoned the house builder would supply a grab truck to compensate for all the hassle he's had. I resolved to
and take the money (and run!)
Oh, and rather than dump the material on the yet-to-be-topcoated road outside, he elected to pile the clay on top of a Wicks tarp on his already sinking block paving driveway.
Here's some cracking pics from that £380k David Wilson jobby....
View attachment 8312
This way round (bloody camera) makes the runs look even worse!
View attachment 8313
Weep holes from next doors garden discharging straight into his!! All the hedge plants had rotted off already.
View attachment 8314
Quality workmanship here. The chippy was obviously time served... I resented having to get off and fold the rollbar, would have done him a favour if I'd just pulled it all down.
View attachment 8316
Groundwater levels and s**t soil.
View attachment 8317View attachment 8318
Beautiful brickwork.
And my personal favourite:
View attachment 8319
Dickhead brickie went to the effort of cutting two bricks and still couldn't get it right.
I can not believe people actually spend their hard earned sheckles on these s**t holes
