Most car like Pickup ?

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I asked Brian James about the same thing, but they said any spacer fitted would invalidate the warranty, so had to have a drop plate fitted.

Not 100% bit I'm sure this is a disco 2 with a front end conversion, was floating around eBay for quite a while
No. Definitely a Sport. Spoke to the guy at length and it was recently featured in a Land Rover magazine confirming the details he gave me!! Amazing family, his son runs around in an old battered USA type pick up from the 60’s which sits on something like a modern 5.0 V8 from an F150 I think!!

M

Monkeybusiness

I’ve got those spacers on Ifor plant trailers fitted from new - the first one that came looked a bit weird but we’ve never had any issues with them, they work really well.

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

I have the same on an Ifor 12’ Tipper, but don’t think it’s quite as thick and the one on Nick’s trailer. So it’s certainly an approved modification.

GazCro

GazCro

It's something i keep meaning to get for my ifor plant trailer as the towball on the hilux is a bit too high. I don't want alter pickup as it's the perfect height for my 12 flat ifor as is. That's the biggest nuisance there's no regulation height so every trailer is different. I think there plant trailers are lower as they are mostly sold to go behind vans

pettsy

pettsy

My gd84 is like this.

DB0BBFA5-4231-4C8B-8611-D059E00F1098.jpeg

Routy56

Routy56

Been a lot of chatter over the last few days about towbars and A frame height adjustments 😅
All I did with my Navara was order a Witter Flange towbar and the adjustable height option.
This is the standard Dixon Bate type things with big pins giving you infinite height adjustments by flipping it round......
.......but it proved too noisy especially with empty or lightly loaded trailers - so I don't use it :eek:
Instead I have found that both my Ifor and Indespension trailers sit just right with my ball on the top two holes of the flange.
Just saying 😁

GazCro

GazCro

Some adjustable height towbars and drop plates have lower towing weights. A bit like discos tow 3.5 ton but not with a detachable tow bar they don't.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Been a lot of chatter over the last few days about towbars and A frame height adjustments 😅
All I did with my Navara was order a Witter Flange towbar and the adjustable height option.
This is the standard Dixon Bate type things with big pins giving you infinite height adjustments by flipping it round......
.......but it proved too noisy especially with empty or lightly loaded trailers - so I don't use it :eek:
Instead I have found that both my Ifor and Indespension trailers sit just right with my ball on the top two holes of the flange.
Just saying 😁
Presume you know most of the Defender type adjustable hitchs arent type approved so not legal for on road use ...

Routy56

Routy56

Presume you know most of the Defender type adjustable hitchs arent type approved so not legal for on road use ...
No I didn't but I do now :rolleyes:
Bought a new one as an option from P F Jones with the Witter Towbar and Ball.
Just been to the barn and checked it - still 'as new' with no markings :eek:.
Have also got one under the bench from my old Disco 1 :ROFLMAO:
So, this is a good point well made :unsure:

D

DaveDCB

Gx126 ifor sits perfect 2012 hilux, it’s got a witter Towbar on it..