Manitou 627 boom/steering isue?

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Think the large red pipe goes to yhe back end. Pretty sure it's the feed
The pipe will come from the tank (supply) it’s the small hose we need to trace, I’m guessing it go to the steering orbital or via the control valve (priority valve) could be at either point.
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
The pipe will come from the tank (supply) it’s the small hose we need to trace, I’m guessing it go to the steering orbital or via the control valve (priority valve) could be at either point.
Will have a look later. I think your right it probably goes to steering orbital
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Let me know, photo the orbital👍🏻
Couldn't quite see the orbital. Will try later
20230313_132401.jpg
20230313_132358.jpg
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
That wasn't first thing. This was this afternoon after it had got me to work and parked up for the day
Only delt with a CX100 which is the Case equivalent, that gear pump controls the steering and low pressure (transmission hydraulics). On that particular tractor the pump was drawing air on the suction side. Have you checked the hose clamps are tight and leak free on that hose running towards the pump? To further confirm my theory, when the steering is struggling, slacken the pressure pipe going out the pump and see if oil flows instantly or bubbles a bit then tighten back down. If the pump is worn they struggle to move enough fluid particularly cold less viscous oil from the gearbox. Slackening the outlet fitting means air is more easily purged and once primed the pump is away. They are a basic gear pump that can and do wear. The relief valve is part of the steering motor (danfoss unit). I'll post a hydraulic schematic when I get a second.
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Only delt with a CX100 which is the Case equivalent, that gear pump controls the steering and low pressure (transmission hydraulics). On that particular tractor the pump was drawing air on the suction side. Have you checked the hose clamps are tight and leak free on that hose running towards the pump? To further confirm my theory, when the steering is struggling, slacken the pressure pipe going out the pump and see if oil flows instantly or bubbles a bit then tighten back down. If the pump is worn they struggle to move enough fluid particularly cold less viscous oil from the gearbox. Slackening the outlet fitting means air is more easily purged and once primed the pump is away. They are a basic gear pump that can and do wear. The relief valve is part of the steering motor (danfoss unit). I'll post a hydraulic schematic when I get a second.
Will give it a go
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Had a look today. Tightened big red feed pipe. Undid small top pipe, just oil came out no air. Followed this pipe up to steering orbital and there just seems to be 4 pipes at the orbital. Sorry no pictures as couldn't get the phone in to take them
 
Top