JCB15c Problem With Breaker

G

Get Carter

Member
Hi All,

I have a JCB 15c that works fine.

I have recently purchased a breaker but there is an issue when it runs.

It will start off as required but within a few minutes it will stop. Switch the machine off wait a few minutes and it will work but then stop.

I have to date replaced the return hose to a larger size as advised and also changed the solenoid control valve after being told it was faulty.

Everyone I've spoken to or witnessed it have said its the breaker.

Today I tried the breaker on a 16c. It works fine. The difference in the 16c is it has a higher flow rate 32L/min compared to 25L/min. The breaker requires a min of 18L/per min.

I'm going to change the filters and hydraulic oil then get a flow test undertaken.

Has anyone experience of this or what may be causing it?

Thanks
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Hi All,

I have a JCB 15c that works fine.

I have recently purchased a breaker but there is an issue when it runs.

It will start off as required but within a few minutes it will stop. Switch the machine off wait a few minutes and it will work but then stop.

I have to date replaced the return hose to a larger size as advised and also changed the solenoid control valve after being told it was faulty.

Everyone I've spoken to or witnessed it have said its the breaker.

Today I tried the breaker on a 16c. It works fine. The difference in the 16c is it has a higher flow rate 32L/min compared to 25L/min. The breaker requires a min of 18L/per min.

I'm going to change the filters and hydraulic oil then get a flow test undertaken.

Has anyone experience of this or what may be causing it?

Thanks

Have you checked if the auxiliary can be swapped from single acting to double acting and if so it is in the correct position
 
G

Get Carter

Member
Hi,

Yes it does swap into breaker mode and I've had it looked at and told its working as it should.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
possibly if the return is through the valve block it's not returning enough oil quickly enough and building back pressure ... a return direct to tank may well cure your problem?


I have to date replaced the return hose to a larger size as advised and also changed the solenoid control valve after being told it was faulty.

Everyone I've spoken to or witnessed it have said its the breaker.

Today I tried the breaker on a 16c. It works fine. The difference in the 16c is it has a higher flow rate 32L/min compared to 25L/min. The breaker requires a min of 18L/per min.

I'm going to change the filters and hydraulic oil then get a flow test undertaken.

Has anyone experience of this or what may be causing it?

Thanks
solenoid valve ???
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Take the return line hose off, normally on the left hand side when sat on the seat, put the hose in a clean drum operate the hammer! Don’t let it run to low on oil!
 
G

Get Carter

Member
Hi

Thanks for the responses.

I'll take the return hose off and try into a drum as advised.

The valve that got changed was the Single to double acting auxiliary valve. Apologies I got the name wrong.
 
Top